Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Ok, now that I am back and paid for it. It's time to ask for the real questions. Do VMP now have a real quality control, how stress free it is if replacements are needed and did they sold all their Torres records ?

Last time I was with them before Christmas not so much. It’s still GZ so that’s an Achilles heel for them. They are still pretty generous with replacements.

Yeah but to be fair those things take an age to get going. Last I heard they’ll start next year and it’ll likely be from a small initial base and gradually building up numbers if they’re sensible.

Sounds good. I was reading the article from April 2022 and they were saying it would open before the end of year. Maybe they understood that more and better things can be done with more time 😜 Good move IMO as they will have a better control on timing and quality... At least they should have.

Sounds good. I was reading the article from April 2022 and they were saying it would open before the end of year. Maybe they understood that more and better things can be done with more time 😜 Good move IMO as they will have a better control on timing and quality... At least they should have.

In pinching from QRP they hired well in terms of who they’ve got to run the operation so hopefully they just leave him to it to do the job properly in the time it takes to do it.

They apparently got held up in permit hell. This was the last update a week or so ago:

main delay has been a result of the city permitting office being very backed up, but finally at the top of the queue

first pressing machine arrives in the next few weeks with 4 more following closely

buildout should be done by end of Q1 with machines coming online in Q2

all of the plating & silvering equipment has arrive
d and was custom-made to Gary's specs

Also I haven’t had any issues with the classics track lately but might just be luck. They still are good about sending replacements if there’s an issue

They apparently got held up in permit hell. This was the last update a week or so ago:

main delay has been a result of the city permitting office being very backed up, but finally at the top of the queue

first pressing machine arrives in the next few weeks with 4 more following closely

buildout should be done by end of Q1 with machines coming online in Q2

all of the plating & silvering equipment has arrive
d and was custom-made to Gary's specs

Also I haven’t had any issues with the classics track lately but might just be luck. They still are good about sending replacements if there’s an issue

Thanks for this update. So no big changes at VMP except this soon to be operational pressing plant.

Of the 6 records (including tracks) ordered, 4 are Classics so it should be ok :)

Thanks for this update. So no big changes at VMP except this soon to be operational pressing plant.

Of the 6 records (including tracks) ordered, 4 are Classics so it should be ok :)
The pressing plant will be pretty huge for them once it opens. If I had to guess, they will be repressing lots of old sold out ROTM. They also mentioned that they are reissuing a few of their first ROTM ever and giving them the VMP treatment (aka actually recutting them since the first bunch of VMPs just reused existing plates). Forget the time frame on that but should be launching soon.

Ordered a record yesterday using the 20% off code. Figured it would ship next week with my ROTM. Nope, got shipping notice this morning. You keep on being you VMP.

Same for me. Grabbed the Jazz Legends bundle and had the shipping notice this morning. I am in France and they won't charge a dollar for shipment.

On the other hand, if I wanted to take advantage of the 20% off code I had to accept my order to be shipped immediately and they were charging $19,90.

VMP as usual.

I’m just here to bitch about the fact that VMP still sucks. I’ve had my eye on Fiona’s Extraordinary Machine, and I thought that the sale + store credit would bring that album down to a more reasonable price.
Turns out I can use credit OR the discount. Not much of a credit when it’s restricted use in my opinion. I want that album, but I’m sure as hell not going to pay VMP near $50 for it “on sale.”

Looks like my money continues to be safe.

Back