Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Anybody get the VMP Comet is Coming? How is the pressing?
I was going to pass - how much Shabaka does one person need? - but I've been streaming it a lot in class and I love the manic energy.
I got it a few days ago but won’t be able to spin for another few weeks (my system has been packed away for months due to house remodeling). I noticed the CB in the dead wax though!

I was going to pass - how much Shabaka does one person need? - but I've been streaming it a lot in class and I love the manic energy.
I listened to it last night and it sounded good! Dead quiet pressing, which surprised me because PRP is usually not that great in my experience.

Re: The Comet is Coming.

Great pressing and the bass is thumping!!

Just started spinning it and agree so far. I do have a noticeable scratch/no fill line so I'll be asking for a replacement but def recommend.

$160 for a picture disc and slipmat? It's a compilation, what am I missing here!? Seems crazy to me...

$160 for a picture disc and slipmat? It's a compilation, what am I missing here!? Seems crazy to me...
Think it's because it's limited to 200 units.

Whats more mad is that they sell. The Run DMC release they did (which I think was the first) sold out at $210 a pop.

Still copies of the Swizz Beatz at $110 if you don't fancy splashing out 🤣

Whats more mad is that they sell. The Run DMC release they did (which I think was the first) sold out at $210 a pop.

Still copies of the Swizz Beatz at $110 if you don't fancy splashing out 🤣

Interesting because the resale value for something "premium" like this is not there. You can get Run for $80 shipped on discogs and Swizz Beatz for $55 shipped.

Welcome to the world of 12on12.
If you're questioning the price, it's not for you. Truthfully it's not for any of us.

Will this trigger the "spend $150 and get $25 off" offer? 🤔

A couple of those are cool, but my wife and I have talked about whether to get Christmas music for the sake of Christmas music or to just stick to our collection of favourites because of the memories. Think we're solid with our current rotation but good to know if our Charlie Brown is every destroyed each year there will be at least 5 variants to replace it with. Our local shop alone just got about 100 copies, stocking up for the holidays.

I'm shocked not more places are getting the Muppets Christmas Carol like iam8bit did last year. That soundtrack slaps.

Back