Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Yeah, I’m not much of a country fan, the fact I thought it was Merle Haggard should tell you, lol. I sub’d to the country track because of Patsy Cline, and I do like Willie and Johnny Cash, but that’s kind of it. I will admit I’m very naïve to outlaw country, so maybe I’ll have to stream them. I can always pick them up later on.
Right on. Yeah, if you enjoy Willie there is a good chance that this one would be up your alley too but I am sure it will be available in the future so you’ll have a chance to check it out before buying it down the road.

Right on. Yeah, if you enjoy Willie there is a good chance that this one would be up your alley too but I am sure it will be available in the future so you’ll have a chance to check it out before buying it down the road.
Yeah, if someone likes Willie and Cash, I have no doubts that they would like Waylon. I probably like him the most of those three.

My yearly subscription is up this month and I was planning on swapping for credit. I have done annuals the previous two years, and would plan on continuing, but I think I saw some do month to month, swap for credit, then do add on tracks. Is this the way to go over annual memberships, even if I know I’ll be subscribed?

My yearly subscription is up this month and I was planning on swapping for credit. I have done annuals the previous two years, and would plan on continuing, but I think I saw some do month to month, swap for credit, then do add on tracks. Is this the way to go over annual memberships, even if I know I’ll be subscribed?
I do three months at a time, which is like $40 a month and swap for credit. If there's an aotm I want I do a 33 add on. You can use credit on exclusives, anthologies, etc. so as long as there's something you'll buy in store I think it's better than just spending 40 on an aotm.

I do three months at a time, which is like $40 a month and swap for credit. If there's an aotm I want I do a 33 add on. You can use credit on exclusives, anthologies, etc. so as long as there's something you'll buy in store I think it's better than just spending 40 on an aotm.
i was just thinking that I have enough credit where I could convert to membership dollars each month, swap the main sub for credit, only do add on tracks from my previously rolled over credit. That way I can get “new subscriber” perks when they may pop up. Or I may just be trying too hard and overthinking this.
D4AC441E-EE2B-45A8-84A8-3BDA11C12A23.gif

I have some swap credits that I was saving for the Impulse box but wont be getting now due to duties, taxes etc.

Can you use swap credits to pay for a 3mon subscription?

You have to contact CS to get the credits adjusted to work for subscription, but it's doable -- or has been in the past.

Got my sale shipment today. This is how Arlo McKinley turned out with hype sticker. Definitely not black with orange swirl and the stamp on the back is not foil. It’s at least less vomit-like in person. I knew what I was getting into, but someone definitely grabbed the wrong pellets and stamp.FD405B43-B22A-4E41-A845-6E1666E47ECB.jpeg88B8AB2A-9569-4197-81DB-A2F710623E5A.jpeg

Got my sale shipment today. This is how Arlo McKinley turned out with hype sticker. Definitely not black with orange swirl and the stamp on the back is not foil. It’s at least less vomit-like in person. I knew what I was getting into, but someone definitely grabbed the wrong pellets and stamp.View attachment 146637View attachment 146639

To me, a more appropriate color name would be Root Beer Italian Ice.

I may have signed back up for a month to grab Dinah Washington. Just looking to maybe pick up a few others while I have the member pricing.

Does anyone has strong opinions about the Strokes “Room on Fire”, Aaliyah s/t, or The Meters “Rejuvenation” packages?

I remember seeing that people liked Johnnie Taylor but I’m streaming it and nothing has grabbed me so far.

I’m also considering Thin Lizzy, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Nappy Roots, Usher, Emmylou Harris, Clipse, or Roberta Flack - but don’t feel like I need any of them at this point.

I may have signed back up for a month to grab Dinah Washington. Just looking to maybe pick up a few others while I have the member pricing.

Does anyone has strong opinions about the Strokes “Room on Fire”, Aaliyah s/t, or The Meters “Rejuvenation” packages?

I remember seeing that people liked Johnnie Taylor but I’m streaming it and nothing has grabbed me so far.

I’m also considering Thin Lizzy, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Nappy Roots, Usher, Emmylou Harris, Clipse, or Roberta Flack - but don’t feel like I need any of them at this point.
Personally, Room on Fire might be my favorite VMP record I own. Great mastering and the packaging is pretty awesome. I also have the Meters and the sound is great.

Of the others, Shotgun Willie is really well done (my favorite of the country track, alongside Dolly). Johnny Cash is basically a color pressing of something widely available. My 3 copies of Emmylou were riddled with surface noise and dished like crazy.

I don’t have any of the others, but hope that helps decision making!

Last edited:
Personally, Room on Fire might be my favorite VMP record I own. Great mastering and the packaging is pretty awesome. I also have the Meters and the sound is great.

Of the others, Shotgun Willie is really well done (my favorite of the country track, alongside Dolly). Johnny Cash is basically a color pressing of something widely available. My 3 copies of Emmylou were riddled with surface noise and dished like crazy.

I don't think this is true about Folsom Prison? Pretty certain this was a RKS remaster specifically for VMP.

Thank you! This is really helpful - I like Emmylou Harris's voice generally but definitely not trying to get dragged into replacement roulette with VMP.

Back