Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

It's being released everywhere. It is the 2018 master from the RSD release back then. Price is normal once you factor in free shipping.
Hmmm. Worth getting? It's one of the few floyd I'm missing (division bell and momentary lapse being the other 2).

Hmmm. Worth getting? It's one of the few floyd I'm missing (division bell and momentary lapse being the other 2).
If you're a fan of the album I think it was well done. It's not like "The Wall" or "Darkside." It's a different vibe. Original mono's in good shape are very expensive so it's worth it if that's what you're after.

Pretty sure there was a AAA bells and whistles version of Momentary Lapse last year just right after I bought the last remaster. Can't see it being too hard to find if you want that one.

Can anyone confirm that this Pink Floyd reissue is AAA? VMP says it is but I’m not seeing that advertised by other retailers.

Can anyone confirm that this Pink Floyd reissue is AAA? VMP says it is but I’m not seeing that advertised by other retailers.
Can't 100% confirm, but I would assume they wouldn't put that up there unless it was. It's a huge selling point.

Can't 100% confirm, but I would assume they wouldn't put that up there unless it was. It's a huge selling point.

This sounds exactly like something they might do. Product misrepresentation is their bag.

It's not AAA. Same mastering as the 2018 RSD version that they are repressing as a wide release. Just like the other Floyd reissues, remastered by James Guthrie from the tapes to hi-res digital, then cut by Bernie Grundman.

It even says on the hype sticker that it is the 2017 remaster. This is clearly just VMP reading "Remastered from the original analogue tapes" and putting that as AAA, when clearly you can create a digital master from the tapes without cutting a lacquer directly from them.

Last edited:
It's not AAA. Same mastering as the 2018 RSD version that they are repressing as a wide release. Just like the other Floyd reissues, remastered by James Guthrie from the tapes to hi-res digital, then cut by Bernie Grundman.
If they're advertising as AAA and it's not, sounds to me like they have a false advertising issue there. I mean that is a key selling feature.

Random Q:
Did anyone get the Late Night Tales at the Movies?
How does it flow? I can't seem to find it on streaming anywhere.

Yep. VMP getting something wrong, shocking.
Man, I'm really torn here. On the one hand, I have 30something worth of credit, right? (that I was thinking of using on Frances the Mute)
so essentially it would be prepaid already -- not actually free but you know, it would feel like it -- but I can totally get it for cheaper on Amazon.

ON THE OTHER HAND, I'll probably get one or two warped copies that I can then PIF away for the same price, which amazon definitely doesn't do.

The Mono version of this album is way better than the stereo..the RSD version sounded great imo ..and this is the same master just less packaging ... this is my favourite Floyd album .. well worth getting imo

Random Q:
Did anyone get the Late Night Tales at the Movies?
How does it flow? I can't seem to find it on streaming anywhere.

Yeah, I agree with @Jonathan Y - the songs are mixed together (like DJ tracks), but it doesn't flow in a revelatory way or anything. However, it's amazing, it's one package with basically all of the best/most iconic soundtrack tracks of all time on it.

The Mono version of this album is way better than the stereo..the RSD version sounded great imo ..and this is the same master just less packaging ... this is my favourite Floyd album .. well worth getting imo
Agreed - I can't think of another album where the mono mix is so different from the stereo - it's not just subtle differences. I was blown away when I first heard the mono version after years of just knowing the stereo.

I think both are worth owning but get mono if you just get one.

A few cancelled orders now saves them from a flood of issues and threats later. I bet Pauly saw the reddit thread.
It really is a good pressing IMO and sought after. So, a bit reactionary if they are cancelling just based on that and don't already have a mono copy.

There's a 112 page thread on it over at sh.tv if anyone wants some more opinions. 🤣

It really is a good pressing IMO and sought after. So, a bit reactionary if they are cancelling just based on that and don't already have a mono copy.

There's a 112 page thread on it over at sh.tv if you want some more opinions. 🤣
Oh I don't doubt it, but people are finicky and a slight change in coloring from the mockups is enough to throw people into fits of rage.

Back