Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Weirdly, I got my secondary (Canadian) tracking number for Claudia Thompson which is super surprising. I think DHL shot it from a cannon across Lake Michigan.

I was able to swap for Blackalicious, but I think I’m dropping all of the other tracks and just making this a one month sub. I really have no interest in anything else until Modest Mouse hits.

For me personally, this is easily the weakest quarter since I joined in 2019.

My Cassandra Wilson is out for delivery! Excited to see how it sounds, anyone receive theirs yet?

Also received my Claudia Thompson and am happy to say that it sounds phenomenal.

Somehow not surprise how the hype sticker incorrectly says limited to 1000 even though the foil stamp on the back says out of 500. All jokes aside, how is this not sold out yet?!
Someone mentioned Blossom Dearie as an album that got initially overlooked early and I can see this being the same deal. Once reddit starts telling people how great it is you'll see it sell out and people start paying dumb discog prices. Not a well known artist so people likely couldn't be bothered to even stream a song or two.

Album sounds fantastic. I'm still fascinated by the story of the album itself and its rediscovered photos. Inside the gatefold is the handwritten message Claudia wrote on her headshot, dated 12/14/1959: "Here is the album. I hope you will enjoy it and be able to do something with it. I will be waiting to hear from you."

Such a melancholy, unfinished tale. It actually matches the songs of loss and breaking up pretty well.

Claudia, wherever you are, I hope you did find happiness. I also hope that maybe around the holidays you would occasionally pull out this album to play to your grandkids, to show them how you once were a music star. 😭

Back