Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

If I recall, I think Abba puts out a new 7” of “Happy New Year” every year. Maybe the Charlie Brown albums will be like that? It’s not like there is a ton of Christmas albums to choose from, right? 🙄

Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent reissue of the Vince Guaraldi – A Charlie Brown Christmas?

I have been meaning to get an upgrade for my shitty cheap reissue for a while now but keep forgetting. I do actually have credit so might end up getting the VMP pressing unless someone can steer me in another direction. Craft are usually pretty good.

in_the_christmas_spirit23480923_large.jpg

Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent reissue of the Vince Guaraldi – A Charlie Brown Christmas?

I have been meaning to get an upgrade for my shitty cheap reissue for a while now but keep forgetting. I do actually have credit so might end up getting the VMP pressing unless someone can steer me in another direction. Craft are usually pretty good.

I don't know how easy it is to find right now, but this is the pressing that VMP's 2019 release is based on, if you're fine with black.

Edit: And to be clear, the red VMP release sounds great, but not $150 great which is the current asking price for it on Discogs.

Craft has a version every year I think that is pretty good. I got a green one off of Amazon years ago and it sounds as good as I need this to sound

I don't know how easy it is to find right now, but this is the pressing that VMP's 2019 release is based on, if you're fine with black.

Edit: And to be clear, the red VMP release sounds great, but not $150 great which is the current asking price for it on Discogs.
Just seems to me the current exclusive pressing is just trying to feed on the high prices of former exclusives. Pay 50 bucks now or pay 150 next year is their thinking for sure.

Craft has a version every year I think that is pretty good. I got a green one off of Amazon years ago and it sounds as good as I need this to sound
Cheers guys, I will look down this route then. Maybe my local will have a copy.

Also after that Album Circle fiasco, Rough Trade proved themselves to be just as gross as VMP as is, maybe even more so?
I'll have to read up on that. I remember it coming out and folks offering quite a bit of money for spots, but I never saw any more on it.

I'll have to read up on that. I remember it coming out and folks offering quite a bit of money for spots, but I never saw any more on it.
You can relive it in all its phoenix-like glory. It was so short lived it only garnered about 6-7 pages of comments

Long story short, it went from exclusively pressed signed albums for album circle members with hand made vovels (or whatever the fuck they're called) to "We have some stagnant Rough Trade exclusives burning a hole in our inventory, lets get the bands to sign some paper bags, print a vovel out on some printer paper and charge these plebs $50 for it"

Long story short, it went from exclusively pressed signed albums for album circle members with hand made vovels (or whatever the fuck they're called) to "We have some stagnant Rough Trade exclusives burning a hole in our inventory, lets get the bands to sign some paper bags, print a vovel out on some printer paper and charge these plebs $50 for it"
And then gaslight the shit out of them by changing the landing page wording.

anything exclusive about the mastering on this VMP pressing of A Charlie Brown Christmas?
Talked to CS about it. It's the same digital master from George Horn. They said it is NOT AAA. Pressed at QRP which is probably different from the other hundred reissues that happen every year, but it's not worth $44/$49 IMO.

Back