Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Well, I’ve NEVER bought a VMP exclusive before. I always found the selections either underwhelming or overpriced, and if I was interested in anything I’d seek it out elsewhere. But, dammit, that Arthur Lyman looks sweet and I’m a big fan and don’t have that particular record. So: 🌴🍍🗿🌋🏝️🧉🌺‼️

I would really like to see what the final vinyl looks like. Please post a pic when you get it!

I’ve been kicking myself for sleeping on Sonny Sharrock. Swapped Luda for it, with no hesitation. That and Abbey Lincoln make this a very good month for me.
What Sharrock was available? Ask the Ages, the exclusive? I have a copy, but it seems out of play when they make these available again later (although not without VMP precedent and with no ill will toward anyone else who was able to grab that fantastic album)

What Sharrock was available? Ask the Ages, the exclusive? I have a copy, but it seems out of play when they make these available again later (although not without VMP precedent and with no ill will toward anyone else who was able to grab that fantastic album)
This is just a guess but I don't think VMP repressed Sharrock. It was originally limited to 2,000 copies and perhaps VMP held back 100 or so that ended up in Swaps?

Back