Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Makes me wonder at what time they're going to be doing these "restocks". If they drop them at their usual Wednesday store drop times then I guess I'm okay with that as I usually check the store then anyway, but if they're going to be doing it at any given moment then the SMS feature would really be helpful here.

I got a response back from Pauly.

This is not our choice, plain and simple. Its a restriction of the platform that we use that handles SMS. I totally get the frustration, but this isn't us testing it out, and making a choice not to include international members, its just not possible (I also think there are different laws internationally when it comes to text marketing) with the service that we send emails and texts from.

Sometimes I just scratch my head at them. Yes it's not your choice on how the SMS feature is rolled out, but it IS your choice on how to notify members on something they may actually be interested it.

I like Pauly but they all talk some amount of shite when VMP make a stupid move :LOL:
Yeah, the right move here was for Pauly to escalate and get some proper answers. I followed up asking if emails are going to be sent out at the same time, or if the drops coincide with Wednesday store drops. Will update when I get a response.

I managed to grab the Goodie Mob, but waited a whole five minutes deciding whether to swap classics for JLH and it was sold out. :(

I did a quick search trying to find the PUTS for you, but it looks like it's sold out in a lot of places, so maybe VMP IS your best option here.

I'm the same though, these three months are pretty middle of the pack for me and I've swapped RHH for Tidal and Essentials for Goodie Mob. I'll probably grab next month's classics but switch down to a monthly sub and cancel after that and wait for another decent month. The SMS decision kind of stings, and I'm trying to get Pauly to explain it.

If you are even remotely interested in Willie, I'd probably grab it if I were you. If you get it and aren't feeling it then maybe put it on discogs.
There are plenty of PUTS available for around $30 on Discogs.

I think Pauly is mad at me, which would not be the first time but I mean...when you work for a company that makes silly decisions...

If you are even remotely interested in Willie, I'd probably grab it if I were you. If you get it and aren't feeling it then maybe put it on discogs.

Yeah, I think this is where I am. Even if I swap for credit, I think it'll only give me $25 for it since it's my primary track and I'm still on the old subscription rate.

I think maybe I'll just keep Willie and drop all add-ons this month, and instead prepare to buy one or two of the restocks instead. And if it turns out I don't want or need any of the restocks? Just more money saved.

@NathanRicaud did you listen to the Brijean album yet? I feel like this is the summery sexy shit you live for.
Yes! I haven’t got my copy yet but I’ve definitely listened to the album and it’s such a summery, low-key get groovy sensual album and I do kinda live for it! I don’t love the album but I know I’ll be loving it once it’s on my turntable! 😈🍹🏝

Here are the ROTM’s I’ll be getting over the next three months! Overall, I’m very happy with the selections, especially the Essentials and Classics picks!

April ROTM’s:
• M.I.A. - Kala
• Charlie Musselwhite - Tennessee Woman
• Willie Nelson - Shotgun Willie

May ROTM’s
• DARKSIDE - Psychic
• King Curtis - Live At Fillmore West
• Young Thug - So Much Fun

June ROTM’s
• The Doors - The Doors
• Dorothy Ashby - The Rubáiyát of Dorothy Ashby

So that means I’m down for 3/3 of the releases for Essentials and Classics but only 1/3 for the Rap & Hip-Hop and Country ROTM’s!

How’s everyone else’s VMP ROTM boxes looking over the next three months!?

Here are the ROTM’s I’ll be getting over the next three months! Overall, I’m very happy with the selections, especially the Essentials and Classics picks!

April ROTM’s:
• M.I.A. - Kala

May ROTM’s
• DARKSIDE - Psychic

June ROTM’s
• The Doors - The Doors

So that means I’m down for 3/3 of the releases for Essentials and Classics but only 1/3 for the Rap & Hip-Hop and Country ROTM’s!

I was going to get all four this month but ended up swapping out of Classics and RHH for John Lee Hooker exclusives. I am still debating whether to swap M.I.A. with Musselwhite.

Next month, I will probably consider swapping Country (and maybe Essential) with something, but I do like all four picks for June.

I was going to get all four this month but ended up swapping out of Classics and RHH for John Lee Hooker exclusives. I am still debating whether to swap M.I.A. with Musselwhite.

Next month, I will probably consider swapping Country (and maybe Essential) with something, but I do like all four picks for June.
I’m so happy you ended up getting those two John Lee Hooker exclusives as they sound brilliant! I think both John Lee Hooker exclusives are better than the Classics and R&HH ROTM’s for April, so good choices! Keep the M.I.A. as it’s a spectacular album and the VMP pressing for it will sound glorious!

April ROTM’s:
• M.I.A. - Kala

May ROTM’s
• DARKSIDE - Psychic

June ROTM’s
• The Doors - The Doors

I’m most likely getting Darkside, The Doors, Dorothy Ashby, King Curtis, Young Thug, Nappy Roots and Merle Haggard.

April I’m getting Willie Nelson, Goodie Mob, Yussef Dayes Trio, and Leon Ware.

Solid 3 months. I’m especially looking forward to Dorothy Ashby and Merle Haggard.

Back