Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Yeahhhhhh neither of those people have made a masterpiece annnnnnnd I’m willing to guarantee they never will.
Yeah, no chance that either will create a masterpiece! 😂💯
Seriously fuck that guy.
So many boys I’ve worked with in labouring love Chris Brown! I always ask people who their favourite artists is wherever I work and the most frequent answer I receive is Chris Brown! 😝😝😝

I was able to get Arular and MAYA. Can’t wait to see how Kala is pressed. I just purchased Arular and Kala on black vinyl some days ago, so I’m definitely returning them ASAP.
Yeah, I’ve got all three on black vinyl and will obviously keep MAYA as I missed out on the VMP exclusive. I’ll give my black copies of Arular and Kala to a friend I know who loves M.I.A., in particular those two albums/that era of M.I.A.!

I cannot wait to see how Kala is pressed too, and how the packaging is done too!

I was going by that definition as it stated ‘an artists’ best work’! Not trying to imply he has a masterpiece, just analysising that definition! 😀

That may make it “his masterpiece” as in it is a turd that’s comparatively slightly less smelly than other the other turds he’s produced

That doesn’t necessarily make it “a masterpiece” in the wider definition of the art.

Equally talented can produce several masterpieces but their masterpiece or their magnum opus is the one that even still shines brightest in their catalogue.

That may make it “his masterpiece” as in it is a turd that’s comparatively slightly less smelly than other the other turds he’s produced

That doesn’t necessarily make it “a masterpiece” in the wider definition of the art.

Equally talented can produce several masterpieces but their masterpiece or their magnum opus is the one that even still shines brightest in their catalogue.

For example:

Throughout his career Beethoven composed a series of masterpieces that redefined music.

Beethoven’s masterpiece/magnum opus is the 5th symphony.

Both of those can exist together and not be in conflict.

Alright, what are the 4 picks this month looking like they'll be?

Essentials: MIA - Kala
RHH: Freddie Gibbs - Str8 Killa
Classics: Some Blues band - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Essentials and Country are a lock, RHH is maybe 90% likely, Classics has just a wee bit room for error.

I'm pretty sure an artist can only have one masterpiece; it's a singular word.
M.I.A. doesn't have two of them, as great as she is.

This has been my Ted Talk.

Yes. You’re right actually! No one has two masterpiece’s; when referring to an artists’ work, a masterpiece is the artists’ best effort/work! I’m not sure which M.I.A. album I’d consider her masterpiece out of Arular and Kala! They’re both classic records but are quite different from each other!

Counterpoint: PJ Harvey

Yeah I mean Shotgun Willie (and Folsom Prison) could've easily been Essentials, they are at least on par with the Prine and Townes Essentials IMO
I’m definitely getting Shotgun Willie! I didn’t really enjoy the other Willie Nelson exclusives VMP did in the past, but I really enjoy Shotgun Willie! I’m so happy that it’ll be getting the audiophile treatment/ROTM treatment! I love the tracks “Shotgun Willie”, “Whiskey River”, “Slow Down Old World” and “A Song For You”!

I’m in for Essentials, Country and Classics! If the R&HH is Freddie Gibbs, then I’ll definitely be skipping! Also, it’ll be good for me not to get all four tracks as it’ll save me a bit of money too! Cannot wait until they announce the ROTM’s and to see the pressing and mastering details of them all!

Back