Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Too lazy to read through 6 different threads - anyone know what the front runners for the next few ROTMs are?
Essentials:
2nd hint: world rap, electronic, classic rock.
1st hint: 2,1,1
April is near certain M.I.A. - Kaya
May - Justice - cross is my hopeful best guess (other possibles: Endtroducing, Blue lines, Selected Ambient, Experience, Better Living through Chemicals, Exit Planet Dust, Moon Safari)
June - Boston?

Classics:
2nd hint: blues, instrumental soul, soul-jazz
1st hint: 1969 1971 1970
May: possibles: Howlin’ Wolf, The Howlin’ Wolf Album, T-Bone Walker, Everyday I Have The Blues, Earl Hooker, Two Bugs and a Roach

Essentials:
May - Justice - cross is my hopeful best guess (other possibles: Endtroducing, Blue lines, Selected Ambient, Experience, Better Living through Chemicals, Exit Planet Dust, Moon Safari)
June - Boston?

Classics:
May: possibles: Howlin’ Wolf, The Howlin’ Wolf Album, T-Bone Walker, Everyday I Have The Blues, Earl Hooker, Two Bugs and a Roach
I really, really, really want May to be Moon Safari.

Essentials:
June - Boston?

Classics:
Thank you very very much.

I have a glow in the dark pressing of moon safari that I have listened to exactly one time. I wouldn't mind an upgrade. But honestly I wouldn't mind any of those that I posted.

cleaned it up a bit and added stuff:

Essentials:
April 2nd album in discog, world rap), May debut electronic, Jun debut classic rock.

April: is near certain M.I.A. - Kaya
May: kraftwerk s/t, the knife s/t, leftfield leftism, Justice "cross", endtroducing, Blue lines, Selected Ambient, Experience, Better Living through Chemicals, Exit Planet Dust, Moon Safari
June: Boston s/t, CSNY deja vu, thin lizzy s/t, dr hook and medicine show, Leon Russell s/t, Travelling Wilburys Vol 1, Free Tons of Sobs, Music from Big Pink, Fresh Cream, Bat Out of Hell, Can't buy a Thrill, (unlikely but interesting ideas "in the court of the crimson king" and oingo boingo's "only a lad")

Classics:
hints: May (1969 blues), April (1971 instrumental soul), June (1970 soul-jazz)

April: The Howlin’ Wolf Album, T-Bone Walker "Everyday I Have The Blues", Earl Hooker "Two Bugs and a Roach"
May: Booker T & MGs melting pot, marvin gaye "funky soul",
June:

RHH:
If RHH is “number of years since released” and Hint 1 was “album in artist discography “ then here are some options:
Debut rap albums 8 years ago: ASAP Rocky, Freddie Gibbs, French Montana, Crooked I, ASAP Ferg, Pusha T, RTJ, Earl Sweatshirt
Debut rap albums 19 years ago: Cee-Lo, Juicy J, Cage, Royce Da 5’9”, Mr Lif
Fourth rap albums 20 years ago: Trick Daddy, KRS-One, DMX, UGK, Wu-Tang

hints:
honestly IDGAF but i know willie is one of them and merle haggard is a front runner somewhere in there

I have a glow in the dark pressing of moon safari that I have listened to exactly one time. I wouldn't mind an upgrade. But honestly I wouldn't mind any of those that I posted.
I have a really good sounding reissue on black wax and still purchased the GITD reissue because if any album deserves to be GITD it’s Moon Safari.

I know almost nothing about electronic music, but what about Melody A.M. by Royksopp for May? I had a roommate in college that played that album all of the time, and it's really great.

I see that they just did a 20th anniversary release (debut in 2021), but it seems to have sold out quickly... sorry if someone else mentioned that.

Last edited:
Essentials:
June - Boston?

Classics:
M.I.A. has 2 albums that look like Kaya: Maya and Kala.

I'm not sure if I'm ready for this again. I still have PTSD from the last time. :ROFLMAO: 😬
At least this time (hopefully) we all won’t have to frantically refreshing our Twitterfeed as they drop each one individually. Seems like they are just gonna release them all at the same time.

I'm not sure if I'm ready for this again. I still have PTSD from the last time. :ROFLMAO: 😬

It's the ultimate in FOMO...only a handful of copies, with hundreds or more trying to smash the buy button regardless of what is available.

In true VMP form, it was a total comedy of errors in terms of rollout last time, including faulty links and random prompts on twitter. That said, I was definitely able to pick up a few gems through all of the madness.

Will be curious to see what the response is like this time around.

It's the ultimate in FOMO...only a handful of copies, with hundreds or more trying to smash the buy button regardless of what is available.

In true VMP form, it was a total comedy of errors in terms of rollout last time, including faulty links and random prompts on twitter. That said, I was definitely able to pick up a few gems through all of the madness.

Will be curious to see what the response is like this time around.
Yeah. I'm still salty that I missed a copy of Cherry Tree since it was the very first drop and I didn't understand how frenetic it would be and to even get the link to work. From then on I stalked the thread but I think I only ended up getting Rooster Blues and one other which I have forgotten...

Back