Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I thought the Grateful Dead anthology was going to do it but not so. Hell that didn't even kill off Anthology Me Please. They are like zombies, head shots only will do it.

We just need a particularly heinous fuck up to turn @NathanRicaud, lose him and they’re clearly dead 😂

I’m not sure how they’d do that though? Maybe slowly send him The National’s discography monthly in the sleeves of “sexy” albums and then ghost his tickets...

Last edited:
We just need a particularly heinous fuck up to turn @NathanRicaud, lose him and they’re clearly dead 😂

I’m not sure how they’d do that though? Maybe slowly send him The National’s discography monthly in the sleeves of “sexy” albums and then ghost his tickets...
I will be a VMP member forever because I love them so much! I am absolutely loving their ROTM selections as of lately and you know how much I love VMP as a company! ♥️🙈😍🙏

Even though I can’t really afford much vinyl at the moment, I’m looking extremely forward to the 5th track VMP create in the future and I still look very much forward to their drops every Wednesday! 😇

I wonder which fuck up will finally see them run out of hype?

I thought the Grateful Dead anthology was going to do it but not so. Hell that didn't even kill off Anthology Me Please. They are like zombies, head shots only will do it.

Weird I don't go into threads where you talk about what you're buying to criticize and insult. I could care less when I get the albums as long as I get them. CS still takes care of any issues better than most sites I buy from. If I thought they were too expensive or out of my budget I'd pass. I don't understand the mental energy spent constantly on this.

Does anyone know when the ROTM announcement date is for the upcoming three ROTM’s in each track!? 👀

I’m so freaking excited for the reveal! Can’t wait to see what gets picked in the Essentials, Classics and Rap & Hip-Hop tracks! 😍

Weird I don't go into threads where you talk about what you're buying to criticize and insult. I could care less when I get the albums as long as I get them. CS still takes care of any issues better than most sites I buy from. If I thought they were too expensive or out of my budget I'd pass. I don't understand the mental energy spent constantly on this.
I dunno. I kinda do care when I get albums if I've paid for them. In fact I'd say my preference is absolutely to receive them in a timeframe that makes me think they actually exist in the real world and aren't some undeliverable concept that some one has dreamt up over a session on crystal meth and blue cheese (I'm looking at you three hundred pound Herbie Boxset).

So.. I asked for more specific info about the delays, and this is what I got:

Thanks for reaching out! Specifically, our warehouse was late in receiving stock of a few titles this month which caused delays across the board for our March ROTM shipments. This delay affects your March ROTM shipment alongside any titles queued to ship with that shipment, but you should see a shipping confirmation for those titles within the next few days here. Don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything at all we can help with moving forward.

So.. I asked for more specific info about the delays, and this is what I got:

Thanks for reaching out! Specifically, our warehouse was late in receiving stock of a few titles this month which caused delays across the board for our March ROTM shipments. This delay affects your March ROTM shipment alongside any titles queued to ship with that shipment, but you should see a shipping confirmation for those titles within the next few days here. Don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything at all we can help with moving forward.

I got the same. I wish they said that in the first place. I completely understand weather was garbage and could have delayed packages at the beginning of the month and pushed shipping timeline back a few days. But the message was too vagure, and honestly that should have been known 2 weeks ago, not on the 15th when shipping timelines were supposed to be wrapping up.

The communication between VMP and their warehouse is still pretty bad.

The communication between VMP and their warehouse customers is still pretty bad.
fixed that for you...it's always crazy to me that they tend not to have updates on stuff I ordered until a few days before the original release date. i sometimes just get no updates at all until I email to check in and ask where something is.

fixed that for you...it's always crazy to me that they tend not to have updates on stuff I ordered until a few days before the original release date. i sometimes just get no updates at all until I email to check in and ask where something is.
I emailed last week and they thought it would be done by around this time. It's why I think it's distinct possibility that they didn't even learn that the warehouse so was so behind until late last week. Still unacceptable but not necessarily withholding information...

I emailed last week and they thought it would be done by around this time. It's why I think it's distinct possibility that they didn't even learn that the warehouse so was so behind until late last week. Still unacceptable but not necessarily withholding information...
I don't think they are necessarily withholding but it's bad communication all around which has always been an issue with VMP.

I don't think they are necessarily withholding but it's bad communication all around which has always been an issue with VMP.

I do think that withholding details has been part of their M.O. for some time now. Recognizing the "damned if you do, damned if you don't" conundrum, I think they view this approach as a way to minimize the damage. And given the various flaws in how they execute their business, possibly a wise plan...but also one of the primary reasons they have lost many customers. Shiny new objects can only carry you so far.

Buying records from VMP always involved a layer of uncertainty that I really disliked. I have no issue with others staying on board the VMP train...but for me, the thrill is long gone. Buying records should be fun, and I prefer supporting businesses that respect and value me as a customer.

Last edited:
I do think that withholding details has been part of their M.O. for some time now. Recognizing the "damned if you do, damned if you don't" conundrum, I think they view this approach as a way to minimize the damage. And given the various flaws in how they execute their business, possibly a wise plan...but also one of the primary reasons they have lost many customers. Shiny new objects can only carry you so far.

Buying records from VMP always involved a layer of uncertainty that I really disliked. I have no issue with others staying on board the VMP train...but for me, the thrill is long gone. Buying records should be fun, and I prefer supporting businesses that respect and value me as a customer.
I quite enjoy the excitement of it. The whole when might I get my records? Will they be totally warped to shit? Was Bobby in the shower the whole time or did the dream actually only take the same length of time as the opening credits? Will snow in Nebraska mean I get one Chet or two? Is VMP just an elaborate social experiment being perpetrated by warners records/ the psych department of an ivy league college/ the Russians to see just how far obsessive vinyl collectors can be pushed? Is Peanuts Portraits REALLY sold out?

It's basically Russian roulette but with records instead of bullets. I love it!

I quite enjoy the excitement of it. The whole when might I get my records? Will they be totally warped to shit? Was Bobby in the shower the whole time or did the dream actually only take the same length of time as the opening credits? Will snow in Nebraska mean I get one Chet or two? Is VMP just an elaborate social experiment being perpetrated by warners records/ the psych department of an ivy league college/ the Russians to see just how far obsessive vinyl collectors can be pushed? Is Peanuts Portraits REALLY sold out?

It's basically Russian roulette but with records instead of bullets. I love it!
You nailed it!

It was damn fun for a few years, especially when costs were low, swaps were on fire and Throwback Thursdays part of the mix....but once I left I realized it’s just as entertaining and even more enjoyable on the other side.

Last edited:
I am looking forward to the "dear member, if you cancel your johnny cash we will offer you VMP cash in return" email
I also think this is the case. Have we had any delayed that don't have Cash coming?
I haven’t heard any more specific follow up about which albums were delayed. Seems like we have a few more days until we get the full answer (basically, what ships by Friday). In the meantime, I suggest OG Johnny Cash records, bourbon and basketball. 🎶 🥃 🏀

Back