Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

i was surprised to get a message that for long term members theres a 99 dollar discount to continue with the 12 month plan. got to say i was pleasantly surprised that my criticism and feedback was heard by vmp. these price hikes and not caring for the og folks that helped get them off the ground really rubbed me the wrong way and i was about to let my subscription lapse. that said, im gving vmp another chance and hoping for the best; added that yussef lateef joint also.
@Benhawaii Had you actively complained to VMP and sought a discount or was it just offered to you as your sub was nearly up?

That’s great to hear though. My 12 month sub is not up until August so I hope that’s something that’ll be offered then.

I’ve been a member since June 2016 so I’d think would qualify me for an offer.

I don’t see my self renewing at $499 + tax USD for an International member. That would workout to be about $60 in local money per album.

If it came down to $400 + tax, which I think I subbed at before the price hike, that works out to about $48 per album locally, then there’s still some value there.

I've been a member since 2016. After the price hike, I took the 6 month bridge deal, which lapses at the end of this month. I haven't received any emails about renewal offers.
Update: I just canceled so that it won't auto-renew at the end of the month. Curious whether that will generate an offer from them. Classics is my main track, and as disappointed as I am with the Jan-Mar picks, I don't really want to cancel because (a) I have confidence they will right the Classics ship, and (b) I'm Country-Curious.

Member survey just went out and there's a question asking you to rank potential Track options you'd be interested in. Options are:

Pop
Classic Rock
Jazz
Soundtracks
Electronic
Metal

Member survey just went out and there's a question asking you to rank potential Track options you'd be interested in. Options are:

Pop
Classic Rock
Jazz
Soundtracks
Electronic
Metal
For me it'd be Jazz > Classic Rock > Electronic > Soundtracks > Pop > Metal. But then what would classics even be anymore?

Pop
Classic Rock
Jazz
Soundtracks
Electronic
Metal

None of the above 😂

Although, despite me liking it I’d throw derision on yet another pile of fuckers doing a classic rock set of reissues, most overexposed genre out there.

Also the tracks I would most like to see would be folk/traditional and punk/post-punk. I love both and feel they are really under-represented by services that claim to curate.

Also couldn’t give a fuck less it was VMP or someone that isn’t blighted by storf.

Last edited:
Please no classic rock track. Despite it being the era and genre of music I’m most familiar with, the most acclaimed albums seem readily available and have been reissued to death.

I think there are a lot of classic rock albums that could use the "VMP treatment" that are more hidden gems or tier B or C albums by big name and cult artists. Kinda like they do with Classics where it's usually big name artists' lesser known albums getting premium reissues.

The Yusef Lateef exclusive is about to sell out! AAA, pressed at RTI, remastered by Ryan Sterling at Sterling Sound and 180g! Don’t miss out on this amazing exclusive that’s only USD$30!!!

Back