Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I might pick up that John Prine album actually as the pressing is AAA and apparently sounds stunning! I’ll just need to make sure I play it straight away as people have gotten faulty copies before!
I bought a copy from a friend who has a subscription - plays great sans one groove skip, and unfortunately USPS gifted me a bit of edge crush. I can live with both. The RKS master is stellar. I noticed a smidge of tape error during one tune, forget which, but it’s such a well balanced listen. I have to A/B it to the Kevin Gray from last year, but if I’m remembering correctly, the high end is smoother on Ryan’s. With both of these remasters, I can’t even listen to the digital transfer anymore!

Very interested to see what the February Swaptions will be tomorrow! I’m definitely grabbing The Strokes & Quasimoto ROTM’s as I think they are excellent albums and the packaging looks great for them too! I will be giving the Classics ROTM a pass however, so I’m super keen to see what I could potentially swap it for! 👀😁

I think the Frederick Knight ROTM will stay in stock for a long time, so I’m no rush to purchase that one, especially as it’ll be USD$36 for me! Like...I prefer that Galt MacDermot album that is a VMP exclusive moreso than the Frederick Knight album and it’s USD$11 cheaper! And both pressings are AAA, remastered by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound and plated at QRP! 💡💡💡

I’d probably pay like USD$29 max for that Frederick Knight ROTM! But yeah, I’m so excited for the Swaptions now as I’m not picking up all three ROTM’s now! I might pick up that John Prine album actually as the pressing is AAA and apparently sounds stunning! I’ll just need to make sure I play it straight away as people have gotten faulty copies before!

I love John Prine and think that's a fantastic record. But based on your opinion of country and folk music on these here boards, I'm not sure how sexxxy you will find this album. Regardless of its fidelity.

I've never listened to a record that I didn't enjoy the music and think, "but this mastering job is stunning!" Of course, YMMV.

According to Discogs, some of the other variants have SAFF in the run outs too, though Ryan Smith and Sterling are mentioned in the personnel section. But where are they getting that info if not from the run outs?

According to Discogs, some of the other variants have SAFF in the run outs too, though Ryan Smith and Sterling are mentioned in the personnel section. But where are they getting that info if not from the run outs?
The inner sleeve appears to state it was mastered by Ryan Smith at Sterling. Typically, that means he did the digital master and then it was cut and/or mastered for vinyl at Saff Mastering.

Sorry about the link, works for me. Discogs app is a pain.

Has anyone else had issues with Prine? My copy sounds good on the quieter songs, but on the louder songs, especially when he sings out, I get quite a bit of crackle/static/noise.
Yes. I asked them for a replacement when my copy arrived severely dished. My replacement copy isn't as badly warped but certainly not flat. Listened through a couple nights ago and noticed the same audio issues that you mentioned. Boooooooooo!

Back