Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

In my opinion, 2020 has been VMP’s best year yet in terms of ROTM selections across both Essentials and Rap & Hip-Hop!
2020 was definitely the safest year for Essentials. It's a great list of music, but 2019 was a lot more fun imo.

Essentials:
JanuaryDirty ProjectorsFlying LotusMobyPanda BearNada SurfYouth Lagoon
FebruaryThe Roots (Phrenology)Van MorrisonAyalew MesfinMain SourceBig Bill BroonzyFather John Misty
MarchCaroline Roseda la Soul (3 Feet High and Rising)Beach HouseTennisLapsleyJ Dilla
AprilThe StoogesLoretta LynnArtic MonkeysGorillazThe FugeesMenomena
MayStevie NicksExperience UnlimitedClipseFiona AppleWeezerTorres
JuneThe White StripesPhoenixTV on the RadioKevin MorbyWells FargoHot Chip
JulyJohn MayerJorge BenThe SilvertonesBetty DavisBadBadNotGoodLee Scratch Perry & The Upsetters
AugustBVSCSleater-KinneyMitskiThe NationalMy Morning JacketWilco
SeptemberSpiritualizedJim SullivanFeistThe Notorious BIGGlass AnimalsFour Tet
OctoberOutkast (StankoniaThe Flaming LipsTownes van ZandtMoses SumneyBeckBlessed Feathers
NovemberErykah Badu (Mama's Gun)Queens of the Stone AgeQueenSt. VincentThe BooksBlack Sabbath
DecemberBillie HolidayAretha FranklinMavis StaplesMiles DavisNina SimoneNils Frahm

RHH:
JanuaryNERDJuvenileLittle Simz
FebruaryEl-PTIde la Soul (Buhloone Mind State)
MarchBlackaliciousHandsome Boy Modeling SchoolErykah Badu (But You Cain't Use My Phone)
AprilRick RossIvy SoleGoodie Mobb
MaySalt n' PepaCamp LoSnoop Dogg
JuneFutureOutkast (Southern)MF Doom
JulyPrince PaulMethod ManOpen Mike Eagle
AugustLord FinesseKnxwledgeQueen Latifah
SeptemberGhostface KillahThe Roots (How I Got Over)Denzel CurryNoname
OctoberRedmanDa BratSabaCommon
NovemberPeople Under the StairsSlowthaiRico NastyLiving Legends
DecemberBig BoiRun-DMCLil WayneMadlib

2020 was definitely the safest year for Essentials. It's a great list of music, but 2019 was a lot more fun imo.

Essentials:
FebruaryThe Roots (Phrenology)Van MorrisonAyalew MesfinMain SourceBig Bill BroonzyFather John Misty
MarchCaroline Roseda la Soul (3 Feet High and Rising)Beach HouseTennisLapsleyJ Dilla
JulyJohn MayerJorge BenThe SilvertonesBetty DavisBadBadNotGoodLee Scratch Perry & The Upsetters
OctoberOutkast (StankoniaThe Flaming LipsTownes van ZandtMoses SumneyBeckBlessed Feathers
NovemberErykah Badu (Mama's Gun)Queens of the Stone AgeQueenSt. VincentThe BooksBlack Sabbath
DecemberBillie HolidayAretha FranklinMavis StaplesMiles DavisNina SimoneNils Frahm

RHH:
MarchBlackaliciousHandsome Boy Modeling SchoolErykah Badu (But You Cain't Use My Phone)
2020 really picked up at the end of the year for both subs.

But for the Aug/Sept choices, 2019 was really strong in Essentials. 2017 was really strong too.

Does VMP ever do store drops on albums being released later on in the week? Have a pre-order for Odin's Raven Magic by Sigur Ros and wondering if there's a chance it hits the store this week.

Essentials:

RHH:
2018 RHH and 2017 Essentials though <3

Essentials:

RHH:
best years IMO for essentials anr R&HH

essentials: 2017, only one major OOF album and though i dont like kevin morby i get the appeal
R&HH: 2018 (it was touch though because both that and 2019 were great)

this year was the worst for R&HH and the worst for essentials was probably 2016.. the first 3 months of that year were just not good

best years IMO for essentials anr R&HH

essentials: 2017, only one major OOF album and though i dont like kevin morby i get the appeal
R&HH: 2018 (it was touch though because both that and 2019 were great)

this year was the worst for R&HH and the worst for essentials was probably 2016.. the first 3 months of that year were just not good
This year was the worst for R&HH in terms of the first half of the year (January - June R&HH ROTM’s). The second half of this year was easily the best second half for the R&HH track! All those six R&HH ROTM’s were outstanding picks in my opinion!

Maggot Brain came out in 1971, just saying (for essentials)

This year was the worst for R&HH in terms of the first half of the year (January - June R&HH ROTM’s). The second half of this year was easily the best second half for the R&HH track! All those six R&HH ROTM’s were outstanding picks in my opinion!
Agree except for Feb and especially March (Blazing Arrow was one of my white whales)

Agree except for Feb and especially March (Blazing Arrow was one of my white whales)
100% - February and March were amazing picks! The other four were quite mixed though, with two of them being particularly disappointing (The Future & N*E*R*D* ROTM’s). For that reason alone, the first half of this year for R&HH is definitely the worst first half we’ve ever had.

I’m sure a disappointing first half of R&HH ROTM picks won’t happen again, and if it does, it won’t be as bad bad it was this year 🤞

Picked up The Budos Band record when it popped back into the store last week. Was excited to play it when it arrived today. I didn’t even finIsh placing it on the platter and I could tell it was fucked. Worst warp I’ve ever seen. Sent an email to CS.

Does VMP usually replace records for warps? I didn’t even put the needle down on it out of fear of damaging my tonearm. So I don’t know if it effects playback, but it’s so bad I can’t imagine it doesn’t.

Picked up The Budos Band record when it popped back into the store last week. Was excited to play it when it arrived today. I didn’t even finIsh placing it on the platter and I could tell it was fucked. Worst warp I’ve ever seen. Sent an email to CS.

Does VMP usually replace records for warps? I didn’t even put the needle down on it out of fear of damaging my tonearm. So I don’t know if it effects playback, but it’s so bad I can’t imagine it doesn’t.
They are iffy about replacing for warps lately it seems. I'd also be surprised if they have replacements but worth a shot!

Back