Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Mine is out for delivery too and no snow here in NC. I'll post some photos if you or someone else doesn't do so first.
As promised, here are a couple of photos:

IMG_9101.jpgIMG_9103.jpg

In the close up one you might be able to see how the color has a texture effect in the runout area; looks like lava. I don't care that much about colored variants, but this one does impress.

View attachment 71976View attachment 71977

In the close up one you might be able to see how the color has a texture effect in the runout area; looks like lava. I don't care that much about colored variants, but this one does impress.
For taking seven months, I would hope they got the color right. Does look pretty sweet. How does it sound?

View attachment 71976View attachment 71977

Yes, the color came out great on mine too. Unfortunately, on my sleeve, the glue along the bottom seam didn't adhere, so it is completely unattached 🤦‍♂️. Appears easy enough to repair myself, so might give that a try.

For taking seven months, I would hope they got the color right. Does look pretty sweet. How does it sound?
Sounds like it looks: golden.

Plays flat and love the separation of instruments in this stereo mix. The person who should have complained the most about this getting shelved for decades (other than Blakey) is definitely Lee Morgan, who sounds great on this recording.

If this shows up in swaps tomorrow, I would say go for it. That said, I'm sure the standard black vinyl version sounds just as good.

Sounds like it looks: golden.

Plays flat and love the separation of instruments in this stereo mix. The person who should have complained the most about this getting shelved for decades (other than Blakey) is definitely Lee Morgan, who sounds great on this recording.

If this shows up in swaps tomorrow, I would say go for it. That said, I'm sure the standard black vinyl version sounds just as good.
I have the standard black version. It's superb.

Anyone here have issues with the Al Green - Gets Next To You? My first copy had visible gouges and surface noise. The replacement has no gouges but surface noise on the last 2 tracks of each side. A friend got a copy and reported his sounds great with no noise.

Anyone here have issues with the Al Green - Gets Next To You? My first copy had visible gouges and surface noise. The replacement has no gouges but surface noise on the last 2 tracks of each side. A friend got a copy and reported his sounds great with no noise.
Yes. Last track on side A had inner groove issues. Replacement sounds fine.

Mine has inner groove distortion also. I don't recall how bad, but I did notice it on my first spin a while ago.

Yeah mine was nice and flat but was riddled with non-fill throughout. It never fails, the flattest records I receive from VMP always have audible noise. I get a little thrill when I see that the record is flat buuuuuut it doesn’t last long.

Yes. Last track on side A had inner groove issues. Replacement sounds fine.

Mine has inner groove distortion also. I don't recall how bad, but I did notice it on my first spin a while ago.

Yeah mine was nice and flat but was riddled with non-fill throughout. It never fails, the flattest records I receive from VMP always have audible noise. I get a little thrill when I see that the record is flat buuuuuut it doesn’t last long.
Let me guess. This Al Green was pressed at the Memphis Record Pressing plant.

Whelp they just gave me store credit but luckily it's still in stock so I ordered another copy. Its a bummer because the tracks without surface noise sound absolutely fantastic.

Back