Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

ONLY 26 COPIES LEFT OF GORILLAZ’ SONG MACHINE LEFT! 💨💨👀👀🚨🚨🙉🙉💎💎💨💨

The colour variant turned out way nicer than the mock-up too! And reviews on Discogs are great so far in terms on sound quality! @gaporter - VMP was looking to have the ugliest variant but ended up having the best looking variant of Song Machine in my opinion! The Grape/Purple marble looks sick! 😍

ONLY 26 COPIES LEFT OF GORILLAZ’ SONG MACHINE LEFT! 💨💨👀👀🚨🚨🙉🙉💎💎💨💨

The colour variant turned out way nicer than the mock-up too! And reviews on Discogs are great so far in terms on sound quality! @gaporter - VMP was looking to have the ugliest variant but ended up having the best looking variant of Song Machine in my opinion! The Grape/Purple marble looks sick! 😍
Pics please?

$35 to VMP or €21.99 to my local. Hmmmm really difficult decision that one....

...NOT!
I like the VMP variant the best though and I love VMP in general so I’d definitely prefer spending USD$31 on the VMP variant compared to getting it an orange variant on Amazon for like AUD$39.99! 😇

I think I’ll be buying those coloured Kraftwerk 2020 coloured reissues from my local though! It’s a bit expensive at AUD$55, but I’m so happy my local got some in and I’m sure those reissues would sound great too! ✅

I like the VMP variant the best though and I love VMP in general so I’d definitely prefer spending USD$31 on the VMP variant compared to getting it an orange variant on Amazon for like AUD$39.99! 😇

I think I’ll be buying those coloured Kraftwerk 2020 coloured reissues from my local though! It’s a bit expensive at AUD$55, but I’m so happy my local got some in and I’m sure those reissues would sound great too! ✅
I went with the HHV Exclusive Yellow Vinyl 💛 because I was scared of how the VMP variant would turn out 🤷‍♂️

VMP ❌
More money ❌
Recycled Vinyl ❌
Supporting My Local ✅

I went with the HHV Exclusive Yellow Vinyl 💛 because I was scared of how the VMP variant would turn out 🤷‍♂️
The yellow also looks great! I have my neon yellow variant of Freddie Gibbs x The Alchemist’s Alfredo coming soon! Can’t wait to get it but would’ve really preferred the VMP variant!

VMP ❌
More money ❌
Recycled Vinyl ❌
Supporting My Local ✅
I don’t like recycled vinyl either as it has a bad reputation, but my Disclosure “Energy” recycled variant vinyl sounds amazing and doesn’t have surface noise! It sounds great, and there’s reports of other recycled vinyl variants sounding great too with no noise.

It’s definitely risky though - recycled vinyl - but if it comes out well, it’s great, as it usually looks great! My Disclosure vinyl looks amazing!

Supporting local is a big tick ✅
Supporting VMP is also a big tick ✅
More money is of course not good, but the variant is more limited, and is the best looking one in my opinion so it’s overall a massive ✅ for me!

I don’t like recycled vinyl either as it has a bad reputation, but my Disclosure “Energy” recycled variant vinyl sounds amazing and doesn’t have surface noise! It sounds great, and there’s reports of other recycled vinyl variants sounding great too with no noise.

It’s definitely risky though - recycled vinyl - but if it comes out well, it’s great, as it usually looks great! My Disclosure vinyl looks amazing!

Supporting local is a big tick ✅
Supporting VMP is also a big tick ✅
More money is of course not good, but the variant is more limited, and is the best looking one in my opinion so it’s overall a massive ✅ for me!

Limited ❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌

I want to burn the whole concept of limited pressings to the ground.

Let’s hope they repress Frank Ocean’s Endless really quickly then! 😉

Just kidding! 😂😂😂

Yeah, I actually sort of am against ‘limited’ vinyl, but I think it’s also fun!

So you’re against it but you’re not. Thanks for clearing that up for me. In all seriousness I’d be happy if they repressed all of the FO albums, and any others that people want, let the people have their tunes.

Limited ❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌

I want to burn the whole concept of limited pressings to the ground.

I buy records to listen to. The ones I want I wish were cheaper. The ones I have of high value I wish were cheaper so others could get it. I’m a music fan first and foremost, before a collector. The difference being - a fan finds five copies of a rare record and gives the duplicates to others who would enjoy it. A collector would destroy four copies to make his own rarer

So you’re against is but you’re not. Thanks for clearing that up for me. In all seriousness I’d be happy if they repressed all of the FO albums, and any others that people want, let the people have their tunes.
100% agree! I’m in for limited colour variants, but not for when a pressing of an album in general is very limited (like Frank Ocean’s Blonde and Endless for example). When there’s only one variant for sale that is sold out everywhere, and when prices are really expensive on Discogs, I hate that!

I like limited exclusive pressings, but always want a variant/standard variant to be available for purchase!

100% agree! I’m in for limited colour variants, but not for when a pressing of an album in general is very limited (like Frank Ocean’s Blonde and Endless for example). When there’s only one variant for sale that is sold out everywhere, and when prices are really expensive on Discogs, I hate that!

I like limited exclusive pressings, but always want a variant/standard variant to be available for purchase!

Im hard against anything “limited” be it a variant or the main pressing or whatever. It all disgusts me.

Last edited:

When you have nothing but coloured variants and they are sitting on the shelf in their sleeves then the temptation to choose the coloured version diminishes strangely.

When you have nothing but coloured variants and they are sitting on the shelf in their sleeves then the temptation to choose the coloured version diminishes strangely.
Yeah I own lots of coloured vinyl, I own lots of black vinyl. I like both in the right circumstances but at the end of the day whichever I buy I don’t care if it’s the only one or there are 7 billion, it’s the record that’s special, this manufractured rarity makes it harder for me to share the fun with other people or to join in with it myself.

Let’s hope they repress Frank Ocean’s Endless really quickly then! 😉

Just kidding! 😂😂😂

Yeah, I actually sort of am against ‘limited’ vinyl, but I think it’s also fun!
Yeah, I definitely want all Frank Ocean albums to get repressed! I was only saying ‘just kidding’ because I know you’re selling a copy of Endless in Discogs Joe!

I wish vinyl was less limited though in general. 100% agree with you there, except it doesn’t ‘disgust’ me, but I am quite against it. I wish represses were more of a thing, even with limited variants.

I love vinyl so much! ♥️♥️♥️

Yeah, I definitely want all Frank Ocean albums to get repressed! I was only saying ‘just kidding’ because I know you’re selling a copy of Endless in Discogs Joe!

I wish vinyl was less limited though in general. 100% agree with you there, except it doesn’t ‘disgust’ me, but I am quite against it. I wish represses were more of a thing, even with limited variants.

I love vinyl so much! ♥️♥️♥️
Oh I know. I just had a collection audit and I don’t play it all that often. if it sells then that’s a couple of whales if it doesn’t and a repress comes out and its value crashes I’m happy to keep it too, The VMP classics I have on cogs are the only ones that are going regardless!

Back