Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Please tell me this is close to the price for the standard pressing, and it's just got an insanely high price point for some reason. And not that VMP think a random new release 2 LP GZ record is actually worth $50.

$39 here

$39 here
Okay so yes it is stupid expensive anyhow... Factor in the "free" VMP shipping and the member price is about 4 dollars more.

My issue or disappointment with the whole thing is I am kinda anti-live comps. I wish it was a full WOD live show. I will still probably end up buying it because I love WOD’s but it still miffs me a bit.
I thought most live albums are comps. Or is that what you mean? I think most of the ones I have are either comps from the same tour or at least multiple nights in the same venue.

I thought most live albums are comps. Or is that what you mean? I think most of the ones I have are either comps from the same tour or at least multiple nights in the same venue.
I think I only have one live comp in my collection. The Neil Young “Songs For Judy” and that one is at least from the same tour, most of my live albums are either full shows or a portion of a full show. This is like 10 years of live performances whittled down to a single album.

It's a 70min collection though, right? And tip-on gatefold should be a nice package. Seems really reasonable for $31.

The autographed Buck Meek seems like a good price too.

Probably going to keep saving for those two JLHs though :/
Maybe I'm not a big enough fan. Seems like they could have done a whole show. How many of those songs are pushing 10 minutes?

I'm just getting annoyed at the new prices for everything. They will get away with it for the JLH's because its JLH, but I personally wont pay 31-40+ for (just about) every new store release.

Maybe I'm getting grumpy.

I think I only have one live comp in my collection. The Neil Young “Songs For Judy” and that one is at least from the same tour, most of my live albums are either full shows or a portion of a full show. This is like 10 years of live performances whittled down to a single album.
Ah, yeah comps over many years I'd generally agree. I think many of the famously well regarded live albums are not from a single show, so are technically comps, but usually from a much shorter time period. I think the temptation to pick the best versions of songs on mutliple recordings is too strong for many artists.

I'm thinking of albums like Rust Never Sleeps (I know many hate overdubs), At Filmore East, At Folsom Prison, Stop Making Sense, Nina Simone in Concert, Coltrane Live at Birdland, Built to Spill Live, etc.

Do you hate those ones?

Notable exceptions like Nirvana Unplugged, Live at the Apollo, Harlem Square Club, original Live at Leeds and of course many others.

I like all of those so I was just curious if you were drawing the line in the sand and don't like/have any of the former as I find that intriguing.

Ah, yeah comps over many years I'd generally agree. I think many of the famously well regarded live albums are not from a single show, so are technically comps, but usually from a much shorter time period. I think the temptation to pick the best versions of songs on mutliple recordings is too strong for many artists.

I'm thinking of albums like Rust Never Sleeps (I know many hate overdubs), At Filmore East, At Folsom Prison, Stop Making Sense, Nina Simone in Concert, Coltrane Live at Birdland, Built to Spill Live, etc.

Do you hate those ones?

Notable exceptions like Nirvana Unplugged, Live at the Apollo, Harlem Square Club, original Live at Leeds and of course many others.

I like all of those so I was just curious if you were drawing the line in the sand and don't like/have any of the former as I find that intriguing.
I don’t hate them and I understand that lots of live albums are put together this way but I would still prefer to listen to a complete unadulterated live performance.

Please tell me this is close to the price for the standard pressing, and it's just got an insanely high price point for some reason. And not that VMP think a random new release 2 LP GZ record is actually worth $50.
Pretty sure I paid £30 for a signed copy of the black from their site.

So on that basis it's madness

Back