Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I very much doubt they'd be anywhere else. Don't usually see colored and black vinyl from the same run coming from separate plants, although I have seen it when it's split between a Euro and NA pressing releases. Craft is Universal out of L.A. so if the colored NA press is MRP I'm sure the black will be too.
The 2019 Craft pressing of Country Blues of John Lee Hooker was also pressed at MRP and you said it sounds fantastic! So there’s a strong chance this will also be done well at MRP even though they aren’t one of the better pressing plants, especially if this AAA pressing is also mastered by Kevin Gray at Cohearant Audio.

The 2019 Craft pressing of Country Blues of John Lee Hooker was also pressed at MRP and you said it sounds fantastic! So there’s a strong chance this will also be done well at MRP even though they aren’t one of the better pressing plants, especially if this AAA pressing is also mastered by Kevin Gray at Cohearant Audio.
Yep, hopefully. Like I said MRP can do a great job, but they're not the most consistent of plants from my experience.

Urghhhh classic VMP. So:

Sonny Sharrock - Ask The Ages has been moved to November
Freddie Gibbs & The Alchemist - Alfredo has been moved to November
Harold Alexander - Sunshine Man (which shows as in stock and pending) has been moved to October
To be fair to VMP, I ordered the Freddie Gibbs way back when through his store, and I got an email today that there’d be a delay.

To be fair to VMP, I ordered the Freddie Gibbs way back when through his store, and I got an email today that there’d be a delay.
I'm also not that mad about this, shit happens. This is much better than what they used to do and just not tell you. Seems they're fucked either way in the "gotta have it now" culture that amazon has created.

Yep, hopefully. Like I said MRP can do a great job, but they're not the most consistent of plants from my experience.
About everything I've received from MRP has been crap. Every new fat possum title I own has been from MRP. Yeah, these JLH LPs will be AAA, but they're also likely to be off-center, scuffed up, contain non-fill or have some other pressing defect. Just warning you. MRP is one of the worst plants in the US.

About everything I've received from MRP has been crap. Every new fat possum title I own has been from MRP. Yeah, these JLH LPs will be AAA, but they're also likely to be off-center, scuffed up, contain non-fill or have some other pressing defect. Just warning you. MRP is one of the worst plants in the US.
I haven't gotten anything like you describe from MRP fwiw. But, my sample size is fairly small. I'd use what you said to describe United for sure.

I haven't gotten anything like you describe from MRP fwiw. But, my sample size is fairly small. I'd use what you said to describe United for sure.
United Record Pressing is so bad! From now on, if I see any VMP exclusive being pressed there, I will avoid purchasing it!

Back