Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Have we reached the point in the Vinyl Bubble where people no longer even hesitate before dropping $34 on a single LP? I mean I get that it's the first ever reissue, but is there anything else special about the packaging, mastering, pressing, etc? It's not even 180g is it?

34 dollars, no mastering details, wide release gazillion copies, and GZ pressing it.

Naw.

Have we reached the point in the Vinyl Bubble where people no longer even hesitate before dropping $34 on a single LP? I mean I get that it's the first ever reissue, but is there anything else special about the packaging, mastering, pressing, etc? It's not even 180g is it?

That's what I was wondering. Also, if there isn't even a limited quantity (based on Storf's responses on Reddit), I would rather wait until the month they are available to swap so I can save $11 as an add-on track. Don't see how it should be a problem.

180g is probably the least significant detail in assessing the quality of a reissue. It is also probably the cheapest to do, which is why it is always touted as if it actually means something.

34 dollars, no mastering details, wide release gazillion copies, and GZ pressing it.

Naw.

Yep and it will sell out too, no question. Sadly this is the kind of crap that sells, as you can see all over Insta and Reddit. Color, aesthetics and the desire to own it are more important than any of those details to most shoppers. I don't blame VMP for constantly leaning into this market, but positioning themselves as caring about sound and pressing quality is getting increasingly disingenuous.

That's what I was wondering. Also, if there isn't even a limited quantity (based on Storf's responses on Reddit), I would rather wait until the month they are available to swap so I can save $11 as an add-on track. Don't see how it should be a problem.

Figure worst case, I can grab a swap and cancel the pre-order. Don't want to take a risk that it goes faster than I expect due to amount they are pressing.

So, many of us got this email, right? I gotta say, I've bummed about the delays from these mixups, but it's a bigger disappointment to simply not receive the VMP pressing at all this time around. View attachment 10653
Lol that figures. Is this for all orders, or just some?
For what it's worth, Rough Trade had exactly the same problem with their exclusive (/100). Possible they use the same distro. Gutted.

For what it's worth, Rough Trade had exactly the same problem with their exclusive (/100). Possible they use the same distro. Gutted.

Damn, that sucks. Looks like these distributors either need to hire more attentive employees or rewrite their packing standards- this is happening way too much. I'm lucky that I received my Weyes Blood VMP variant, but I'm sad for those of you who still haven't.

Back