Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I don’t feel like I need help though because I still would make sure I have a decent amount of money in my account for travelling! I understand why I spent all my retirement fund on vinyl - because I’m very YOLO. I’m just a bit strange because I am honesty am YOLO and am someone that lives a very different lifestyle!! 😅

I don’t need help with my spending (just because I splurged my retirement fund), I need help trying to find a boyfriend, preferably a music/vinyl or travel boyfriend! Ever since the lockdown and travelling plans cancelled, I’ve been a bit worried that I’m going to be single forever because I live with Mum and Dad and do factory work and I can’t go out to bars, restaurants or clubs or concerts! 😂:cry:

There's a good chance a prospective partner is going to be at least marginally interested in your financial acumen #justsaying. If my partner was still living at home and had sustainable plans for their future, goals, potentially saving etc.. I'd be impressed. If my partner was living in a share house or alone and had no plans, lived pay cheque to pay cheque or was in debt for consumer goods/travel etc.. I'd be concerned. Living at your parents' house would not be the deal breaker (for me anyway).

I mean it’s not the living at home that I’m talking about Nathan, living at home when single and low paid is often a really sensible decision and I’m not knocking it, particularly given the questionable affordability of property for the current generations. The question is in that situation: is anything being given back to make it a situation where it’s a responsible adult paying their way and pulling their weight; or is it an overgrown teenager still living at home giving nothing back.

I find myself thinking this sort of thing a lot these days. I used to find myself thinking 'I hope I don't get so hammered this weekend I accidently shit myself' but now it's stuff like this.

I hate getting old

I find myself thinking this sort of thing a lot these days. I used to find myself thinking 'I hope I don't get so hammered this weekend I accidently shit myself' but now it's stuff like this.

I hate getting old

Hahahaha!! I had a lot of booze antics related paranoia in my late teens and early twenties but thank god that wasn’t one of them 😂

But yes, me too, old sucks, well apart from not having to go to nightclubs, they’re shit, don’t miss them, having a conversation is underrated. Oh god, that’s confirmed it, oooooooold!

Hahahaha!! I had a lot of booze antics related paranoia in my late teens and early twenties but thank god that wasn’t one of them 😂

But yes, me too, old sucks, well apart from not having to go to nightclubs, they’re shit, don’t miss them, having a conversation is underrated. Oh god, that’s confirmed it, oooooooold!
Hahaha

For me it was when I realised I couldn't drink one night because if I had a hangover the next morning I'd not be able to get up early to paint the front door... And yeah! Nightclubbing is shit these days... At least I assume it is as on the rare occasion I go out I'm usually home and back in bed for 11 😂

its legitimately cheaper for me if VMP has one oof month so i dont have to pay for a 3 month plan and just have a monthly plan and use the savings to get a track

its legitimately cheaper for me if VMP has one oof month so i dont have to pay for a 3 month plan and just have a monthly plan and use the savings to get a track

Why not ALL THREE?
Announcing three tracks for three months gives them the opportunity to do some themes!

OCTOBER: Underdogs
Do you have a favorite album that's not considered a "best work?"
We're NOTHING BUT THAT this month! Get a handful of these terrible works that we're touting as "underrated!"
ESSENTIALS - Animal Collective, Painting With
R/HH - Kris Kross, Da Bomb
CLASSICS - Chet Baker, Albert's House

EDIT: Thanks to @duke86fan for reminding me that Guns N' Roses The Spaghetti Incident? would have been a better Essentials pick.

NOVEMBER: Crate Diggers
Imagine flipping through a crate, but getting 30 seconds in and saying "not a chance." You've missed these hard-to-find classics!
ESSENTIALS - Mama's & The Papas, literally any album that's easily found for $5 (which is all of them)
R/HH - Eminem, Marshall Mathers LP (did we even TRY?)
CLASSICS - Herp Albert, literally any album (pretty sure he has an exclusive deal with Goodwill, but that's not stopping us)

DECEMBER: Why stop at John Mayer
We pressed an album by an abusive asshole with a history of racist remarks. Have fun calling us out on our hypocrisy!
ESSENTIALS - Jane's Addiction, s/t (see lyrics for "Whores," they really haven't aged well)
R/HH - Riff Raff, The Golden Alien
CLASSICS - Whoever is referenced in this article: Homophobia in Jazz - JazzTimes

Last edited:
DECEMBER: Why stop at John Mayer
We pressed an album by an abusive asshole with a history of racist remarks. Have fun calling us out on our hypocrisy!
ESSENTIALS - Jane's Addiction, s/t (see lyrics for "Whores," they really haven't aged well)
R/HH - Riff Raff, The Golden Alien
CLASSICS - Whoever is referenced in this article: Homophobia in Jazz - JazzTimes
so you aren't going with use your illusion for essentials

one in a million is so painfully racist

so you aren't going with use your illusion for essentials

one in a million is so painfully racist

Wrong GNR album (“One in a Million” is on the Lies EP), though the Use Your Illusion albums have plenty of unsavory material as well. Worth noting that people can and do change.

Tell you what - I’ll buy you the Pylon releases for your copy of Wish? 😀

I have one and you’d have to pry it from my cold dead hands 🥶

Wrong GNR album (“One in a Million” is on the Lies EP), though the Use Your Illusion albums have plenty of unsavory material as well. Worth noting that people can and do change.

Beat me to it.
And it occurs to me now that I should have used The Spaghetti Incident for the October Essentials instead of Animal Collective.

If someone else discussing a record they love makes you feel pressured to buy it, or you’re generally spending beyond your means (Nathan, this is also you 😙) then, sincerely, seek help. We need a support group on here, Consumers Anonymous.. though there’s probably better forums for it.
This. So much this.

A thing I’ve been saying (and learning) a lot lately: all that stuff you have accumulated used to be money. All that money used to be time. YOUR time. Spend your time wisely and where you want. In the end, it’s all just stuff. But we shall never get our time back.

In the end, at least most records retain some sort of resell value. This isn't the case in many other forms of consumption. My copy of Madden 2016 is worth like 15 cents. Name any random record from 2016 and I can surely sell it for more than that and it likely cost significantly less than the $60 bucks I spent on Madden. My original copy of The Matrix on DVD from like 2002 is legit worth absolutely nothing in 2020. You get the point.

If you buy a record due to hype and don't spin it, usually you can at least recoup most of the cost, if not even profit, by selling to someone else.

--disclaimer i do not support "flipping records" or buying records only to resell them at a later date for a profit--

In the end, at least most records retain some sort of resell value. This isn't the case in many other forms of consumption. My copy of Madden 2016 is worth like 15 cents. Name any random record from 2016 and I can surely sell it for more than that and it likely cost significantly less than the $60 bucks I spent on Madden. My original copy of The Matrix on DVD from like 2002 is legit worth absolutely nothing in 2020. You get the point.

If you buy a record due to hype and don't spin it, usually you can at least recoup most of the cost, if not even profit, by selling to someone else.

--disclaimer i do not support "flipping records" or buying records only to resell them at a later date for a profit--

Yah a friend of mine was considering one of the mofi one steps and I said, "get it. If you regret it you'll be able to get at least what you paid for."

I’m assuming drops are at 2PST?
The ROTM announcement is at 5PM EST! I'm looking super forward to seeing the pressing details for Ghostface Killah's Fishscale! Also, I'm really hoping we get a Ghostface Killah exclusive! Apollo Kids or Ironman would be great! 🤞

Also, in VMP's store, they have a 'My Test Bundle Product' and a 'Bundle #2 Product"! I wonder what they are exactly, and if and of those have got to do with the upcoming swaptions! 🤔👀

Looking super forward to when everything is announced and when the swaptions go live! :cool:😄

Last edited:
Also, I'm so happy I was able to get a copy of VMP exclusive of Pylon's Chomp before it sold out! I can't wait to spin that record back to back with Talking Heads' Speaking In Tongues and Grace Jones' Nightclubbing! It's going to be amazing spinning them together in Summer! 🌴🍹🏖:cool:

Back