Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I'll note this one for my next trip to Portugal. Last time I came home with a box of Ramos Pinto's Duas Quintas 2016 that are really nice as well.

Poeira's wines are high-class Portuguese wines that are not that easy to find, even in Portugal. If you want a ridiculously cheap but great wine, go with Adega de Vila Real. It's like 3€ but it's so damn good.

Poeira's wines are high-class Portuguese wines that are not that easy to find, even in Portugal. If you want a ridiculously cheap but great wine, go with Adega de Vila Real. It's like 3€ but it's so damn good.

€3 wine 😭

Without being on offer it’s €10-15 before it’s drinkable here

also it seems my local off-licence stocks 21 different types of Portuguese wine!

Yeah Portuguese lands are not well known. As you said most of the tourists go down south to the Algarve region. It's definitely not the area I prefer, it doesn't look Portuguese if you know what I mean. Evora for example is one of the most beautiful Portuguese city but only Spanish tourists go there (it's 1h far from the boarder)

A couple of years ago my gf and I drove all along the coast from Coimbra to Faro. We discovered a small village called Odeceixe and we decided that we would retire there if we ever have a chance to retire one day. To get there you must leave the main road from Lisbon, take a small road and follow the river and there you are: a small village with a very small beach stuck between two cliffs and a mix of pure water from the river and salt water from the sea. Best place on earth.

View attachment 61155
Oh my goodness! This is just too beautiful!!! I screenshot your post with this picture as I am sure I will go there one day! It looks like an amazing place to go with friends, family and a partner! Absolutely stunning! Thanks for sharing this! This made my night! 😍

Oh my goodness! This is just too beautiful!!! I screenshot your post with this picture as I am sure I will go there one day! It looks like an amazing place to go with friends, family and a partner! Absolutely stunning! Thanks for sharing this! This made my night! 😍

If you come in, let's say, 30/35 years, and need to stay overnight, ask the locals for the crazy French guy with thousands of records at home. I'll have a room prepared for you.

Yeah Portuguese lands are not well known. As you said most of the tourists go down south to the Algarve region. It's definitely not the area I prefer, it doesn't look Portuguese if you know what I mean. Evora for example is one of the most beautiful Portuguese city but only Spanish tourists go there (it's 1h far from the boarder)

A couple of years my gf and I drove all along the coast from Coimbra to Faro. We discovered a small village called Odeceixe and we decided that we would retire there if we ever have a chance to retire one day. To get there you must leave the main road from Lisbon, take a small road and follow the river and there you are: a small village with a very small beach stuck between two cliffs and a mix of pure water from the river and salt water from the sea. Best place on earth.

View attachment 61155

We took a road trip from Lisbon through Porto to the Minho and Douro regions and then to Serra da Estrela (oh my God, the cheese there) and back to Lisbon.
12 days, lots of beautiful small cities.
Beautiful road, welcoming people, amazing food and wine.
Would do it again in a heartbeat.

€3 wine 😭

also it seems my local off-licence stocks 21 different types of Portuguese wine!

Aren't there Portuguese mini/super-markets in Ireland? There is a big Portuguese community in France so we have tons of these shops and I can easily buy these bottle for 5€ or so.

If you come in, let's say, 30/35 years, and need to stay overnight, ask the locals for the crazy French guy with thousands of records at home. I'll have a room prepared for you.
Can’t wait!!! I’ll be there within the next 10 years but I’m sure I’ll return back and will definitely be asking the locals for you! 😃🧐📞

I know we're joking here but I must say I had the best Vietnamese food of my life multiple times in the 13th arrondissement

There are great Asian restaurants in the 13th arrondissement. Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese food, etc... I once heard that Paris is the city in the world with the biggest number of sushi restaurants.

Aren't there Portuguese mini/super-markets in Ireland? There is a big Portuguese community in France so we have tons of these shops and I can easily buy these bottle for 5€ or so.

Supposedly there is one Portuguese/Brazilian supermarket on the other side of Dublin that I only found a out about when I googled to answer you 😂

The real reason though is our alcohol duties, we certainly have the highest level of alcohol duty in Europe and it’s probably amongst the highest worldwide.

Edit: second highest in Europe, only the Finns have us beat. The top 4 of Finland, Ireland, Sweden and the UK have much much higher levels of duty than the rest of Europe it seems.

We took a road trip from Lisbon through Porto to the Minho and Douro regions and then to Serra da Estrela (oh my God, the cheese there) and back to Lisbon.
12 days, lots of beautiful small cities.
Beautiful road, welcoming people, amazing food and wine.
Would do it again in a heartbeat.

These small cities is where you can see the real Portugal. I mean, I love Lisbon and if I could I would move there but is there a better thing when you are travelling than to get lost in a small city and taste some delicious family food in a small restaurant you never heard about and probably will never heard again?

There are great Asian restaurants in the 13th arrondissement. Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese food, etc... I once heard that Paris is the city in the world with the biggest number of sushi restaurants.

The best way to find a great asian restaurant in Paris is to have a look at the clientele, if there is loads of asian people in there, you can go in blind.

Supposedly there is one Portuguese/Brazilian supermarket on the other side of Dublin that I only found a out about when I googled to answer you 😂

The real reason though is our alcohol duties, we certainly have the highest level of alcohol duty in Europe and it’s probably amongst the highest worldwide.

I would ask them anyway. They may have some good Portuguese wine for 10€ or so.

These small cities is where you can see the real Portugal. I mean, I love Lisbon and if I could I would move there but is there a better thing when you are travelling than to get lost in a small city and taste some delicious family food in a small restaurant you never heard about and probably will never heard again?

And you could get yourself a season ticket for Benfica! Win win!

The best way to find a great asian restaurant in Paris is to have a look at the clientele, if there is loads of asian people in there, you can go in blind.

I think that’s the same anywhere, the best Indian restaurants in England were the ones you saw mainly Indian people in and the best Chinese restaurants were in the Chinatowns. Nearly always much cheaper than the ones that might appear fancier from the outside too!

€3 wine 😭

Pretty sure I tasted Quinta Nova last time in a restaurant and it was nice.

Back