Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

understatement of the decade, Paris is pretty much the gastronomic capital of the world...
It would be! But I hear Lyon is where it’s at when it comes to the best French food! 💯

And I would want to immerse myself in French cuisine, so I would be going all around France as French cuisine is regional, just like with Italy! 😃

It would be! But I hear Lyon is where it’s at when it comes to the best French food! 💯

And I would want to immerse myself in French cuisine, so I would be going all around France as French cuisine is regional, just like with Italy! 😃

I agree with you. Lyon is known for its "bouchons", these are usually small restaurants with a convivial atmosphere and they serve some traditional food from Lyon, the most popular being the "quenelles". I do prefer South-West cuisine though, they have some great recipes of poultry meat with vegetables and herbs. In addition, their wine is way better than the ones near Lyon.

Never say that to someone living in Lyon.
Mmmmmmmm! I want to live in Lyon for a year and eat out a French café’s all the time! Imagine how yummy it would be having a confit duck and coq au vin! 🤤🤤🤤

And imagine the markets as well! It would be heaven for me! And geographically, Lyon is so well situated for travelling too! It’s not too far from Switzerland and Italy and the Calonwues/Cassis! 😍😍😍

I agree with you. Lyon is known for its "bouchons", these are usually small restaurants with a convivial atmosphere and they serve some traditional food from Lyon, the most popular being the "quenelles". I do prefer South-West cuisine though, they have some great recipes of poultry meat with vegetables and herbs. In addition, their wine is way better than the ones near Lyon.

Wine quality is higly debatable, even if I tend to agree with you, it is mainly a matter of taste there.. I suggest we hijack this thread with a drunken podcast about french and european wines.

Mmmmmmmm! I want to live in Lyon for a year and eat out a French café’s all the time! Imagine how yummy it would be having a confit duck and coq au vin! 🤤🤤🤤

And imagine the markets as well! It would be heaven for me! And geographically, Lyon is so well situated for travelling too! It’s not too far from Switzerland and Italy and the Calonwues/Cassis! 😍😍😍

Duck confit and coq au vin are not really Lyon's specialties. Duck confit is more south-west with the wine Skalap prefers, like a Madiran. I think Coq au vin is more Burgundy's thing.

Wine quality is higly debatable, even if I tend to agree with you, it is mainly a matter of taste there.. I suggest we hijack this thread with a drunken podcast about french and european wines.

I’m down for that. I’ve been rotating a lot between Rioja’s, Rispasso’s and Nero D’Avollo’s recently. I do like a lot of French reds too but they’re often that bit too pricy here comparatively.

Yeah, I’ve watched documentaries where they show the bouchons and all the white collar workers eating in there! Looks amazing! And omg, the food is just to die for in those cozy restaurants!

Omg, my brother lived in Bordeaux and I was suppose to meet him in Spain this year and we might have actually of gone to Bordeaux! I hate that coronavirus happened! 😭😭😭

My brother bought over some cookies from me from a market in Bordeaux 4 years ago when we did the south of Italy, and omg.....BEST COOKIES EVER! 🍪😋🍪🥇

I’m down for that. I’ve been rotating a lot between Rioja’s, Rispasso’s and Nero D’Avollo’s recently. I do like a lot of French reds too but they’re often that bit too pricy here comparatively.

I cheat because I know Skalap will agree, but try some portuguese wine too, Douro valley wines are often great. A staple is Papa Figos, maybe not the absolute best, but a great entry point for Douro wines.

I hope you have saved some serious money if you intend on doing anything beyond breathing whilst in Switzerland.

Duck confit and coq au vin are not really Lyon's specialties. Duck confit is more south-west with the wine Skalap prefers, like a Madiran. I think Coq au vin is more Burgundy's thing.
Ahhhh I see! I would need to do my research! That’s why French cuisine is brilliant because each region has their own speciality and you sometimes only find those dishes within that french region! Burgundy looks so beautiful too! 🙈😍

I can’t believe I haven’t been to France yet! I’m so ready to go there and explore! My French is also pretty good too! The French TV is always on at home and I guess because my parents speak kreol, I know basic French pretty well 😊

I cheat because I know Skalap will agree, but try some portuguese wine too, Douro valley wines are often great. A staple is Papa Figo, maybe not the absolute best, but a great entry point for Douro wines.

I’ll have to have a hunt in the local wine merchant. Although I’ve seen the odd bottle Portuguese wines, outside port, are much rarer here than the three bigger old world countries. I know German and Austrian wines got a hammering because of the trash people over here drank in the 80s but with a bit of research I’ve had some excellent Reislings and Gewürztraminers. Gewürztraminers in particular are great with spicy food like Indian or Thai.

Last edited:
Back