Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Unless you’re a major and have a Bowie/Dylan/Beatles box to hock around Christmas I completely agree.
Or if it’s Frank Ocean. A Frank Ocean Boxset with just Blonde, Channel ORANGE and Ultra, nostalgia would probably sell out as well at USD$449 with 7500 copies, especially as two of those albums have never been pressed before and as he has a humongous fan base + a legit pressing of Blonde goes for so much.

Frank Ocean. That 👏 Is 👏 All 👏

Some idiots would buy some for sure but and artist sell his entire catelogue of 4 albums for $449? That’s like $112.50 an album. There are that many people buying vinyl, that have and are willing to pay that much and subscribed to VMP?
Yes! It would sell because it’s Frank Ocean and those albums are special like the Lord himself! ♥️🤣

Some idiots would buy some for sure but and artist sell his entire catelogue of 4 albums for $449? That’s like $112.50 an album. There are that many people buying vinyl, that have and are willing to pay that much and subscribed to VMP?
I agree. It probably would sell out 1k, maybe 2k easily. I think everyone inflates the market for $100 plus single albums.

Or if it’s Frank Ocean. A Frank Ocean Boxset with just Blonde, Channel ORANGE and Ultra, nostalgia would probably sell out as well at USD$449 with 7500 copies, especially as two of those albums have never been pressed before and as he has a humongous fan base + a legit pressing of Blonde goes for so much.

A legit copy of Blonde or the Endless does go for a lot but do you think those sales prices are based off 7500 paying that? I don’t think there is an album in Discogs history that has sold 7500 through that platform.

See? This is the kind of reasoning that brought VMP to the dissaster thei'r currently in.

A legit copy of Blonde or the Endless does go for a lot but do you think those sales prices are based off 7500 paying that? I don’t think there is an album in Discogs history that has sold 7500 through that platform.
Hmmmm, I guess we won’t know as it will never happen! But I think if it happens (those 4 albums on vinyl in a Boxset for $449, limited to 7500 copies), it would actually sell out! Pitchfork would say something, like word would just get out like CRAZY! And the internet would know about it all too!

I agree. It probably would sell out 1k, maybe 2k easily. I think everyone inflates the market for $100 plus single albums.

Especially for current artists, you need to have a decent sized proportion of your fan base old enough to have the means. Whilst that isn’t necessarily just boomer stuff anymore it’s probably not reached 2010s rhh/rnb yet.

Back