Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

The other thing that just struck me as odd is, how do you expect to charge people this much when most BVSC orders are delayed to November? I mean, for $43, you better have the damn record in your hand ready to go the moment I renew.

Just got a shipping notice on mine and I'd swapped it to classics.

They can appear a touch inconsistent at times to be sure

This is my exact thoughts. Pauly said on Reddit that they underestimated how quickly costs were growing compared to sales. You can't just stumble across something like that one day and decide to almost double prices...that's something that has to be implemented gradually. What a disgrace that this company is such a shit show.
It's funny because I remember saying the same thing when they closed the forum.
These guys just make the worst business decisions.
While I have my MBA, you don't need an MBA to see how they are running this business into the ground.
I mean, they closed their "community" which was a big selling feature and created a ton of hype for releases for reasons that I can only assume revolve around their egos.
Now they jack up their prices during a global pandemic because they lost sight of their expenses?!?!?
In the past they've made moves that made me think they might be trying to get quick capital and sell the business but it's clear now they are like a bunch of monkeys trying to type Shakespeare

This is my exact thoughts. Pauly said on Reddit that they underestimated how quickly costs were growing compared to sales. You can't just stumble across something like that one day and decide to almost double prices...that's something that has to be implemented gradually. What a disgrace that this company is such a shit show.

Its their business to know how quickly costs go up. Hell that's every business, if costs blindside you then you're not good at business.

I remember speculating on their financial health back during the web integration issues. The price increase announcement isn't surprising to me. I don't think they're a financially healthy organization and this is more evidence. If you have to raise prices above the going market rate, and do not enhance the value proposition and product offerings, you don't have a revenue problem; you have a cost problem (and probably some cash flow/balance sheet issues).
COVID must have put a dent in subs all on its own. People have posted on Twitter and reddit that Offbeat Ventures took >$150k from the PPP.

I remember speculating on their financial health back during the web integration issues. The price increase announcement isn't surprising to me. I don't think they're a financially healthy organization and this is more evidence. If you have to raise prices above the going market rate, and do not enhance the value proposition and product offerings, you don't have a revenue problem; you have a cost problem (and probably some cash flow/balance sheet issues).

These posts you made a while back was actually the first thing to come to mind when I saw the price increase!

So the sell is £40 for a record that might be a dud, will likely arrive late and might look completely different to what was sold. On top of support that can take weeks to respond if at all.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Back