Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Yes, it's pressed at GZ but so are albums like Jorge Ben! And that Jorge Ben pressing sounds stellar! When GZ don't screw up a pressing, it can sound exceptional, and I guess that's been the case with the Whitney Houston!

Yeah, GZ isnt a dealbreaker for me by any means. But $70 for a 2 disc where I only want disc 1 is.

I'm not a remix guy in general. I definitely don't need a bunch of dance remixes of a classic album on Vinyl.

The Whitney "box" is SO expensive and pressed at GZ.
The box is expensive though, 100%! I'm just glad it got the special treatment and that Ryan Smith mastered it! I like the inclusion of the extra disc actually, as it was like a Japanese release, dance EP thing that came out the year after Whitney Houston!

$70 is really expensive, but worth for me and I guess for a lot of others if it's been selling so well

Looks like the cancelling add-on after swapping trick no longer works! You can cancel but if you try to add and swap again, it's still locked into your old swap.

Sigh. I may have to drop my add-on tracks in protest. Bit by bit, they have successfully managed to strip "membership" of all benefits. I come and go as it is, but inching closer to staying away for good.

If they sold this exact product sans the second disc for like $45-50, it probably would have been gone awhile ago.

I actually didnt know it came out the year after the original album release, makes it a bit more fitting. But that price tag is still just too high.
Yeah, the EP was called "Whitney Dancin' Special" and came out in 1986! I thought the same too that it was fitting as it's like original stuff, from that era! But, it's still nothing special in my opinion, some of the remixes are great, but I don't see myself spinning the EP much unless I want just some uptempo Whitney Houston and no ballads.

The price tag is high but I'm going to do it because I love the album so much and apparently this is the best sounding version of the album. And I'm looking forward to the booklet too and seeing the colour variant in person too!

I see there's a 2018 Sundazed release of this album on jpc (Germany)
I appreciate the link but that would be at least $40 shipped to the US if my math is correct 😕 I do see that there's some listings for this on Discogs so maybe that will end up being where I go. This isn't something I absolutely *need* this very moment but if there was another reissue that was coming i could get for cheaper than I would have wanted to know, if this is just VMP getting a color of it I assume it's just a repress of that 2018 release and I can try and find that for a decent price. Thanks for the info!

The box is expensive though, 100%! I'm just glad it got the special treatment and that Ryan Smith mastered it! I like the inclusion of the extra disc actually, as it was like a Japanese release, dance EP thing that came out the year after Whitney Houston!

$70 is really expensive, but worth for me and I guess for a lot of others if it's been selling so well
Has it been selling well though? I guess there's no pressing number on it but I feel like it has been on pre-sale since the end of 2019 in the store. I have completely lost track of time though with everything going on so maybe it went on sale after that. I feel like it was up for sale prior to pandemic though.

EDIT: It went on sale 5 months ago according to the initial reddit post.

Has it been selling well though? I guess there's no pressing number on it but I feel like it has been on pre-sale since the end of 2019 in the store. I have completely lost track of time though with everything going on so maybe it went on sale after that. I feel like it was up for sale prior to pandemic though.

EDIT: It went on sale 5 months ago according to the initial reddit post.
I guess it has been selling well if they pressed at least 1500 copies, I'm guessing they pressed 2000, and have probably less than 200 copies left! At that price, without the boxset going on sale, I'd say it's been selling really well!

I appreciate the link but that would be at least $40 shipped to the US if my math is correct 😕 I do see that there's some listings for this on Discogs so maybe that will end up being where I go. This isn't something I absolutely *need* this very moment but if there was another reissue that was coming i could get for cheaper than I would have wanted to know, if this is just VMP getting a color of it I assume it's just a repress of that 2018 release and I can try and find that for a decent price. Thanks for the info!

Could this link be helpful? I don't know them, but they seem to be in the US and it says the record is in stock.

I guess it has been selling well if they pressed at least 1500 copies, I'm guessing they pressed 2000, and have probably less than 200 copies left! At that price, without the boxset going on sale, I'd say it's been selling really well!
126 people have it on discogs. I know not everyone who buys records is on discogs but...

I also don't doubt that it sounds awesome based on Sterling being involved. But just... man...that price tag is crazy. The EP seems a bit useless unless you're a die-hard Whitney fan and the book just looks okay. It would have sold like hot cakes if it was even at $40-$45. $70 is a huge push IMO. One of the reviews on discogs is funny too:

"The book is just OK. Some pics I had never seen, but the design overall is—basic. Notably, no images of the duet partners."

Back