Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Mmmmmmmm love your explanation why you’re always happy to have the lower-tier albums of artists’ albums in their discography! It makes so much sense now! You love seeing the progression! 😍😍😍

Yep, I it. I love to work through an artists discography like someone would binge a season of TV. Though it certainly doesnt help in keeping the collection tight...

It's one of the reason I love the VMP Anthology concept so much, but although I loved all the sets so far, I think they've come up short on the "story" aspect when focusing on labels. The podcasts help but the albums alone I don't feel do it. I'm excited for the upcoming sets focused on individual artists though, and hope we see more of those going forward.

Yep, I it. I love to work through an artists discography like someone would binge a season of TV. Though it certainly doesnt help in keeping the collection tight...

It's one of the reason I love the VMP Anthology concept so much, but although I loved all the sets so far, I think they've come up short on the "story" aspect when focusing on labels. The podcasts help but the albums alone I don't feel do it. I'm excited for the upcoming sets focused on individual artists though, and hope we see more of those going forward.
Agree with all of this so much. I have found in quarantine especially that I love taking the time to explore an artist/band's full discography in order. I'm actually currently in the midst of a Slowdive binge. I also agree on the anthology model. I am WAY more interested in the artist/band-based exploration than I am a label. This Grateful Dead one was the first one to grab my attention really at all. Not that I am going to be willing to pay that kind of premium though. (I suspect someone may have gifted me this one, but I can't be sure yet!)

Back