Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Be careful of mock up posts on reddit...I did it to Fanny and got destroyed...some people just don’t get it I guess and will accept anything vmp throws at them, regardless of what it It was described as and what it actually looks like

Btw...my vmp Khruangbin looks spot on to mockup
Post it up Crabbers! Show us the goods!

Oh wait, for what it’s worth it looks like that last mockup just didn’t get much blue thrown in. Here’s another look at another press, actually looks pretty sweet. View attachment 56234View attachment 56235
Okay that Khruangbin is fucking gorgeous.

I mean it's gonna sound like crap because Dead Oceans but... damn is that purrrdy.

Last edited:
Be careful of mock up posts on reddit...I did it to Fanny and got destroyed...some people just don’t get it I guess and will accept anything vmp throws at them, regardless of what it It was described as and what it actually looks like

Btw...my vmp Khruangbin looks spot on to mockup
It’s why I tend not to overreact to one post about mockups vs what it actually looks like. They won’t all look like the mockups or look identical to each other. In the case of The National, I think people are justifiably angry about it—they paid more for a variant that was just completely incorrect. The Fanny one is bad too. The person on reddit Who posted Khruangbin wasn’t even mad about it at all it seemed yet people were saying they were already going to ask for a refund before they even received their copies.

It ain’t bad... but it ain’t great... nothing new, just more vocals?! Ehh
it’s definitely a middle of the road.
Yeah fair enough. Objectively I guess it isn’t bad, but it’s by far their worst music. Combine that with my own personal sky high expectations(which they’ve earned) makes it bad. This exemplifies why I try to never preorder new releases. No matter how much you love a band, their next album might just suuuuuuck.

Yeah fair enough. Subjectively I guess it isn’t bad, but it’s by far their worst music. Combine that with my own personal sky high expectations(which they’ve earned) makes it bad. This exemplifies why I try to never preorder new releases. No matter how much you love a band, their next album might just suuuuuuck.

That's why I'm a little nervous for BADBADNOTGOOD's next album. IV was a straight-up masterpiece and I'm not sure how they'll sound since one of their founding members left the band.

That's why I'm a little nervous for BADBADNOTGOOD's next album. IV was a straight-up masterpiece and I'm not sure how they'll sound since one of their founding members left the band.
Oh man, I also love them and everything they’ve done. I hadn’t heard about a new album or that one of their members left. That’s too bad. Who left?

Okay that Khruangbin is fucking gorgeous.

I mean it's gonna sound like crap because Dead Oceans but... damn is that purrrdy.
My End Of An Ear exclusive sounds surprisingly good. I haven’t had great luck with Dead Ocean (the Indie Phoebe Bridgers is rough) but this is flat and quiet. Not amazing but thankfully up to par.

Last edited:
Yeah fair enough. Objectively I guess it isn’t bad, but it’s by far their worst music. Combine that with my own personal sky high expectations(which they’ve earned) makes it bad. This exemplifies why I try to never preorder new releases. No matter how much you love a band, their next album might just suuuuuuck.
As a big Khruangbin fan who’s been riding with em for a while I’m perfectly satisfied by Mordechai, scratches the itch I go to Khruangbin for ya know? It wasn’t genre bending or innovative but it kind of gave me exactly what I expect of them which is groovy and chill guitar tunes that anyone can have fun listening to! All of their albums, this one included are fantastic to own on vinyl because of that!

Also, the music is bad. And I LOVE these guys. Disappointment of the year........well.....musically, anyway.
IMO Khruangbin makes a very specific type of music and they make it well. I now own three of their LPs and they all are pretty similar stylistically. Their music has a high floor but a low ceiling. There albums are all very listenable but I don’t think I need anymore Khruangbin in my collection going forward. I am good.

As a big Khruangbin fan who’s been riding with em for a while I’m perfectly satisfied by Mordechai, scratches the itch I go to Khruangbin for ya know? It wasn’t genre bending or innovative but it kind of gave me exactly what I expect of them which is groovy and chill guitar tunes that anyone can have fun listening to! All of their albums, this one included are fantastic to own on vinyl because of that!
I’m glad that you enjoy it! I also hope they keep making music. When I am looking for what they have to offer, I’ll never be choosing Mordechai over their first two albums. I honestly don’t think I’ll ever listen to it again.

The three singles off Khruangbin’s Mordechai are the highlights of the album! Which is a bit of a shame because all the other tracks are pretty ‘meh’. I’m a little disappointed in the album but am still looking forward to spinning it! 😎🤟

It’s so common though to get really excited for an album, based on the singles, but then when the album drops, the rest of the material is nowhere near as good! 😒

Oh man, I also love them and everything they’ve done. I hadn’t heard about a new album or that one of their members left. That’s too bad. Who left?

Matt Tavares the keyboardist announced he was leaving the band last year. I think I saw an interview at the beginning of this year where they talked about working on a new album for 2020, but who knows what its status is ever since the rona popped up.

Back