Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Per a press release:

"Two of the limited edition color vinyl versions of Places, in addition to black vinyl, are now available for pre-order HERE. The splatter color vinyl can be purchased only via the DashboardConfessional.com online store, while the cloudy orange and clear vinyl is available only via independent record stores, a community that has long-supported Dashboard Confessional. A yellow and blue vinyl, limited to only 1,000 copies, can be found exclusively at VinylMePlease.com, beginning tomorrow, July 10th."

Per a press release:

"Two of the limited edition color vinyl versions of Places, in addition to black vinyl, are now available for pre-order HERE. The splatter color vinyl can be purchased only via the DashboardConfessional.com online store, while the cloudy orange and clear vinyl is available only via independent record stores, a community that has long-supported Dashboard Confessional. A yellow and blue vinyl, limited to only 1,000 copies, can be found exclusively at VinylMePlease.com, beginning tomorrow, July 10th."
I saw this and somehow got Dashboard Confessional's Places confused with Death Cab for Cutie's Plans. I was more excited for Plans.

tbh i dunno if i'd WANT dashboard confessional since i never heard most of their music, my bro would probably like it but i dunno

You really don’t need to hear it. Imagine Caillou getting his heart broken and sing-whining about it.
i mean the 2nd most acclaimed midwest emo album on RYM is spongebob in puberty throwing everything into a mix and talking about heartbreak

Newbury has a maroon version that comes with autographed 7" bonus flexi disc.

Not sure if you can watch this video unless you already have facebook, but Gordon Anderson and Zev Feldman (Resonance Records) have put up a video of the upcoming Black Jazz Records reissue series (the one VMP are releasing exclusives from). Looks like the first 4 are:

Doug Carn - Spirit Of The New Land
The Awakeing - Hear, Sense & Feel
Walter Bishop JR - Coral Keys
PLUS
Gene Russell - New Direction (RSD Release)

Looks like its going to be a fantastic series, the fact that Zev is involved has given me some security that they will make sure its top quality.

Our kids have outgrown it now, but we raised them right on Daniel Tiger who would completely maul Caillou if he so much as gave him the slightest hint of side-eye.

Yeah, my son was never into it and we definitely didn't want him growing up with that whiny ass kid as a role model. He's like the passive aggressive Veruca Salt, which is almost worse.

I took Ro to the zoo once when he was about 2, so that we could meet Daniel Tiger. They had a little PBS booth setup with free rulers and pencils, bookmarks, coloring pages, etc. We saw Daniel Tiger close by and I asked him if he wanted to get in line for a photo. He just wanted to go look at Lions or something, so I asked him, "Are you sure? He's right there. We can get in line." I thought he might be shy, but he matter of factly responded, "It's just a guy in a suit."

So, this is what always got me about that. It's not just the fact that my 2 year old was like, "This is corny. Let's go do something real." But... what did he expect to see, when we were on our way there? A real Tiger? A cartoon moving in 3 dimensions? So, bizarre.

Yeah, my son was never into it and we definitely didn't want him growing up with that whiny ass kid as a role model. He's like the passive aggressive Veruca Salt, which is almost worse.

I took Ro to the zoo once when he was about 2, so that we could meet Daniel Tiger. They had a little PBS booth setup with free rulers and pencils, bookmarks, coloring pages, etc. We saw Daniel Tiger close by and I asked him if he wanted to get in line for a photo. He just wanted to go look at Lions or something, so I asked him, "Are you sure? He's right there. We can get in line." I thought he might be shy, but he matter of factly responded, "It's just a guy in a suit."

So, this is what always got me about that. It's not just the fact that my 2 year old was like, "This is corny. Let's go do something real." But... what did he expect to see, when we were on our way there? A real Tiger? A cartoon moving in 3 dimensions? So, bizarre.

I think kids just like doing things outside the house. As far as their practical minds, I think it’s an extension of us as parents. If we raise our kids to be short-sided with a diet of cartoons and deprivation of an education on our natural world then they will take on that “cartoon” persona but if we raise scientifically inquisitive minds at a young age by introducing them to stuff like nat-geo, Dinosaur books, etc. then they will reject the ruse of costume from the onset. My kids have always loved watching cartoons but they’ve also always known it was a cartoon. The really cool part is that they’re so into science stuff now that they’re teaching me things every week, just this morning I learned bats have.... in their words “special gates inside their blood so they don’t get dizzy when they’re upside down”.

Back