Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

BTW I just stock checked on Ivy Sole's Overgrown Live:

407 for the album on its own
97 for the bundle

That comes out to only 504 copies left of this pressing of... 500.

Ok so we've all had a good laugh at this, but it still leaves us a big question: Whaaaaaa??

This isn't the first time I posted about Overgrown Live's inventory in this thread. Back in early May I did a check and got much more realistic numbers:

Oh wow, that's really cool... and probably something easily exploited by flippers if they figure it out. :|

Having said that, Shabaka is at 561 (please no one buy this I really want it to make it to swaps next month), Ivy Sole Live is at 195 while the Ivy Sole bundle is 105.

So I have two theories:

1) Someone fudged the inventory numbers. Seems to be the most obvious answer, although it brings a new question of why someone went back and messed it up in the month since I last checked. It should've been left alone as-is, unless...

2) They pressed more than they realized. It's happened before, so it's possible they accidentally did a pressing of say, 750 instead of 500 and didn't find out until the records actually arrived in the warehouse. Supposedly these are numbered and now that they're starting to be sent out, if we see someone say they have number "648" or something like that, then we know that's what happened. I'll report back when my own copy arrives next week.

Conclusion: Not enough people are buying Ivy Sole's live album and that makes me sad. :(

Stock Check:

Minecraft Volume Beta - 159
Chet Baker Trio Mr. B - >199
Colter Wall Western Swing - 79
Loleatta Holloway Cry To Me - >199
Peanuts Portraits - >199
Big Bill Broonzy Live - 72

Hey, so how did you get that Peanuts number? Because when I tried it just now, the number is significantly higher:

Capture.PNG

btw shoutouts to the one person who bought an Ivy Sole bundle since this afternoon. (y)

Hey, so how did you get that Peanuts number? Because when I tried it just now, the number is significantly higher:

View attachment 52854

btw shoutouts to the one person who bought an Ivy Sole bundle since this afternoon. (y)

I've just listened to the Ivy Sole "Overgrown" album on vinyl yesterday and I think it's pretty good and I'm surprised the studio version of this is still available too.

Personally I'm not too interested in buying a live recording of an artist who just has released one album, so I can understand the lack of interest in this release. If they would release her next studio album, I would buy it for sure. "Overgrown" is really good. 🎶

I've just listened to the Ivy Sole "Overgrown" album on vinyl yesterday and I think it's pretty good and I'm surprised the studio version of this is still available too.

Personally I'm not too interested in buying a live recording of an artist who just has released one album, so I can understand the lack of interest in this release. If they would release her next studio album, I would buy it for sure. "Overgrown" is really good. 🎶
I would normally agree, but i think a lot of the live arrangements of her songs are a vast improvement over the album. it's on streaming services and worth a listen. If i would only buy one i'd go with the live one.

USD$35 is pretty expensive for that Thelonious Monk exclusive but I had to get it because the colour variant is beautiful and I absolutely love the single that dropped for this recording! Also, I’m a huge Thelonious Monk fan, and the free shipping for me, being in Australia is awesome too! 👍

Ivy Sole’s Overgrown is a great album, it really is! The production on that one is great and the VMP pressing looks stunning and sounds really good too! If you don’t have it, get it! 💯

However, I feel like I don’t need the Live from Philadelphia Overgrown vinyl. I love listening to live music on vinyl but I prefer the studio version of Overgrown more than the live one. There are some tracks on the live I prefer more than the studio version though - like the track “Wasted”! As this Ivy Sole live exclusive is selling poorly, I’m going to wait until it goes on sale, and hopefully grab it for half price! 🤗

PS - I love that I’ve got a lost John Coltrane VMP exclusive and now will have a lost Art Blakey And Thelonious Monk recording that’s a VMP exclusive on my way! Love that both the Art Blakey and Thelonious Monk are orange exclusives, but aren’t opaque! They both look stunning in the mock-up pictures! 💎

Last edited:
I would normally agree, but i think a lot of the live arrangements of her songs are a vast improvement over the album. it's on streaming services and worth a listen. If i would only buy one i'd go with the live one.
It’s a really nice listen but I prefer the studio version because it has more punch and is less of a tiring listen! And tracks like “Rollercoaster” are so bouncy, warped, groovy, sensual and spacious, and when I hear the live version of it, it’s just less interesting.

I do like the live version but I don’t think I’ll ever grab it! Maybe if it was super cheap; like USD$15 as I’m sure the pressing will sound amazing, and will be much more enjoyable spinning on the turntable!

It’s a really nice listen but I prefer the studio version because it has more punch and is less of a tiring listen! And tracks like “Rollercoaster” are so bouncy, warped, groovy, sensual and spacious, and when I hear the live version of it, it’s just less interesting.

I do like the live version but I don’t think I’ll ever grab it! Maybe if it was super cheap; like USD$15 as I’m sure the pressing will sound amazing, and will be much more enjoyable spinning on the turntable!

Don’t worry, the way it seems to be selling, you’ll probably eventually have a chance to get it at that price.

Don’t worry, the way it seems to be selling, you’ll probably eventually have a chance to get it at that price.
Yeah! I don’t mind waiting at all! If I really enjoyed it, I would be happy to pay full price! It’s not even that expensive as a 2LP at $29! I was more than happy paying $35 for that 1LP Thelonious Monk exclusive or Shabaka and The Ancestors 2LP for $39!

I want to support Ivy Sole but I’m listening to this Live from Philadelphia recording right now and I don’t think I would ever spin it more than once.....I don’t think I’d even buy it for half price because I’m trying to cut back on vinyl and only want records I know I’ll always love!

I do really like Ivy Sole though and can’t wait for her next album to come out and for VMP to do an exclusive of it! 🙌

I anyone wants to know the Classics ROTM
It's McCoy Tyner - Sahara
sahara_vinyl_store_2200x.jpg

or

the R&HH ROTM

View attachment 52854

I didn't use the magazine, just the store. That's why I can only say it's greater than 199.

There are two ways to do checks and most of that list didn't have magazine links so i did it the old way.

100% not Prince! ❌❌❌
well here’s hoping it’s something way better

EDIT: I’m now realizing the way this sounds, you could skew this comment to think I don’t like prince. I like prince. I mean better in the sense of something that wasn’t reissued super recently that needs it

Last edited:
well here’s hoping it’s something way better
Let's hope we get Lupe Fiasco, Ghostface Killah, Amy Winehouse, Joanna Newsom or The Knife then! 🤞🙇‍♂️

Clipse's Hell Hath No Fury would have been a glorious, magnificent, badass pick but Clipse has already been an Essentials pick and VMP have already done an exclusive of the sexy, futuristic, horny FutureSex/LoveSounds! 😩

So yeah, let's hope we get something great as the Essentials pick! 🤞

Back