Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Yea. Adding another track and swapping for $23 was always a great deal and I bought way more than I would have if that wasn’t an option. If they are now saying you can only swap for previous ROTM or get a $27 credit, well you can’t even buy any previous ROTM albums for $27 later on. This sucks for all customers. It’s not a bonus, it’s a money grab that benefits the customers in no way.

I believe the $40 credit has only happened once with the oversold swaps.

Yes, the credit you get back won’t be enough to purchase a previous ROTM - but that’s why it’s optional, you don’t have to take the credit, you can still swap for a previous ROTM or one of the other selected store exclusives.

The only downside to this is that people will no longer be able to send in an email request - it’ll disappoint many I’m sure, but that’s a method I doubt more than 10% of VMP customers even know about. This way of doing it will be much fairer for all imo, and I’m of the belief it’ll benefit the way I shop through VMP.

Yes, the credit you get back won’t be enough to purchase a previous ROTM - but that’s why it’s optional, you don’t have to take the credit, you can still swap for a previous ROTM or one of the other selected store exclusives.

The only downside to this is that people will no longer be able to send in an email request - it’ll disappoint many I’m sure, but that’s a method I doubt more than 10% of VMP customers even know about. This way of doing it will be much fairer for all imo, and I’m of the belief it’ll benefit the way I shop through VMP.
This is only a plus if they are going to repress all ROTM's IMO. There are previous ROTM's that can't swap for currently. I'm still here for the classics track, but if that quit being great I'd bounce fast.

But the problem is when you look at their store pricing now, you have to consider the store cost as your valuation now. Think of it like this: VMP says their albums cost $34-$40 each in the store. You’re getting a discount technically by subscribing by only paying $27 (or less). Store exclusives are almost all $30+ now. Your monthly store credit won’t even be able to buy 1 album in most cases now so swapping for store credit gets you even less. By swapping for credit you’re pretty much getting a bum exchange rate. If you want those high demand albums later on (or pretty much whenever you want to cash in) you’re getting less bang for your buck.

Yes. Agreed.

It also won’t be enough to buy most store exclusives...in the past I often did an add on track to grab an exclusive that was too expensive to buy outright but could get for $23 with the swap. This becomes an issue when you’ve been a member for awhile, the swaps have dried up and you can no longer swap for something else that’s in stock but isn’t a former ROTM. I don’t see how this change benefits most customers. Somebody brought up that for international customers you could now use that store credit for AP pressings but your monthly payment won’t come close to one AP as far as I know. But if I’m a member in the US who doesn’t like any of the ROTM (which has become a somewhat common occurrence) my monthly Subscription fee can’t even buy 1LP in the store anymore.

this is all designed to continue to get stock off the shelves. Either you swap for a ROTM that has been in stock for ages and hasn’t sold out or you can get 3/4 of a record and pay the extra $7+.

VMP is essentially having you give them an interest free loan. This gives VMP access to capital up front (they keep your money now without actually selling you something). In the meantime they raise the prices on records and your credit loses value.

It also won’t be enough to buy most store exclusives...in the past I often did an add on track to grab an exclusive that was too expensive to buy outright but could get for $23 with the swap. This becomes an issue when you’ve been a member for awhile, the swaps have dried up and you can no longer swap for something else that’s in stock but isn’t a former ROTM. I don’t see how this change benefits most customers. Somebody brought up that for international customers you could now use that store credit for AP pressings but your monthly payment won’t come close to one AP as far as I know. But if I’m a member in the US who doesn’t like any of the ROTM (which has become a somewhat common occurrence) my monthly Subscription fee can’t even buy 1LP in the store anymore.

this is all designed to continue to get stock off the shelves. Either you swap for a ROTM that has been in stock for ages and hasn’t sold out or you can get 3/4 of a record and pay the extra $7+.

VMP is essentially having you give them an interest free loan. This gives VMP access to capital up front (they keep your money now without actually selling you something). In the meantime they raise the prices on records and your credit loses value.

I just don’t see it as a loss for a majority of users here who likely do use their own money (not VMP credit) to buy store exclusives.

If I had the intentions to spend $30 on a store exclusive I’d rather only spend $30 on that exclusive than have spent $30 on the exclusive, on top of being forced to have a ROTM or swaption I don’t want for $27.

It seems a really flexible solution and it’s VMP’s way of essentially deferring people for another month (I’m under the impression credits can also be used to pay for future membership costs).

If I had the intentions to spend $30 on a store exclusive I’d rather only spend $30 on that exclusive than have spent $30 on the exclusive, on top of being forced to have a ROTM or swaption I don’t want for $27.

If you're swapping your ROTM for the exclusive, then that's not happening

So VMP says
"You will get the equivalent of one month of your term cost in credits. To estimate credits you'll get, you can divide the amount you paid at your last renewal by the number of months in your term."

This means store credits should be (given current subscription fees)
For US customers on 1 month: $31
For US customers on 3 months: $27
For US customers on 6 months: $25
For US customers on annual: ~ $24,90

For Internationals on 1 month: $40
For Internationals on 3 months: $36
For Internationals on 6 months: ~ $34,80
For Internationals on annual: ~$33,25

It's also important to mention that people, who've joined for the 2 for 3 months deal recently, also would just get a third of what they've paid (this upcoming time).

Seems like I'll be looking to swap add ons for El-P and Nick Hakim this month if there's nothing unexpected like Gorillaz or BP to appear. If so hopefully come out with Albert King, White Stripes and the two at the start.
Yay! I’m so happy for you! El-P is my favourite Rap & Hip-Hop ROTM this year so far, and the Nick Hakim record is just wonderful! 😇

That means all your ROTM’s for June will be 👌😍

Yay! I’m so happy for you! El-P is my favourite Rap & Hip-Hop ROTM this year so far, and the Nick Hakim record is just wonderful! 😇

That means all your ROTM’s for June will be 👌
100% 👍 if I get those four I'll be really happy this month, that's a great bundle of music to expect! 🚚📦🎊 I've only skipped around Nick Hakim after your recommendation and sounds like it will be a very interesting and enjoyable album to experience as a unit. Will be really looking forward to it if I'm lucky enough to net the swap 🎣 also believe I've only heard a few tracks from the El-P album, and even then long ago, so ditto to that!

Reminds me I need to hunt down a good "I wanna get funky!" by Albert King too! 🔎

100% 👍 if I get those four I'll be really happy this month, that's a great bundle of music to expect! 🚚📦🎊 I've only skipped around Nick Hakim after your recommendation and sounds like it will be a very interesting and enjoyable album to experience as a unit. Will be really looking forward to it if I'm lucky enough to net the swap 🎣 also believe I've only heard a few tracks from the El-P album, and even then long ago, so ditto to that!

Reminds me I need to hunt down a good "I wanna get funky!" by Albert King too! 🔎
Make sure you set your alarm ⏰ so you can catch those popular swaps 🔂 before others get to it! 💨💨💨

Yeah, I’ve got that Albert King record! It’s great! 👍💎

El-P’s I’ll Sleep When You’re Dead is a real treat! The pressing sounds phenomenal and the production by El-P on that album has better production on any Run The Jewels record in my opinion! 💯And as you’ve already pre-ordered RTJ4 👉🤛, you might as well get some of El-P’s solo stuff on vinyl 😎

And summer is coming up, so definitely grab that Nick Hakim! 🍹🛶🏖

So VMP says
"You will get the equivalent of one month of your term cost in credits. To estimate credits you'll get, you can divide the amount you paid at your last renewal by the number of months in your term."

This means store credits should be (given current subscription fees)
For US customers on 1 month: $31
For US customers on 3 months: $27
For US customers on 6 months: $25
For US customers on annual: ~ $24,90

For Internationals on 1 month: $40
For Internationals on 3 months: $36
For Internationals on 6 months: ~ $34,80
For Internationals on annual: ~$33,25

It's also important to mention that people, who've joined for the 2 for 3 months deal recently, also would just get a third of what they've paid (this upcoming time).
So.....what happens in my case, as I get the ROTM for free? Does that mean I get $0 if I want to get credit as a swap 🤔

Just playing around! 😂😛 We all know I’ll be subscribed to Classics forever and that I’ll always like 2/3 of the ROTM’s! 🙌♥️☺️

Make sure you set your alarm ⏰ so you can catch those popular swaps 🔂 before others get to it! 💨💨💨

El-P’s I’ll Sleep When You’re Dead is a real treat! The pressing sounds phenomenal and the production by El-P on that album has better production on any Run The Jewels record in my opinion! 💯And as you’ve already pre-ordered RTJ4 👉🤛, you might as well get some of El-P’s solo stuff on vinyl 😎

And summer is coming up, so definitely grab that Nick Hakim! 🍹🛶🏖
This post has been triple verified as only containing 100% pure facts 🔎💎🔥

Thanks Nathan, can't wait 😊

So I've just ordered the "I wanna get funky" Albert King album. 👑🎷🎺 Only place I could find it for a decent price was Switzerland. I hope it will be a fine copy. At least the price is so low, I shouldn't have problems with customs (the threshold over here is just €22, my VMP packages are still at Frankfurt Customs Limbo haha, hope they will finally move on and won't get lost, otherwise I may need to contact CS).

So I've just ordered the "I wanna get funky" Albert King album. 👑🎷🎺 Only place I could find it for a decent price was Switzerland. I hope it will be a fine copy. At least the price is so low, I shouldn't have problems with customs (the threshold over here is just €22, my VMP packages are still at Frankfurt Customs Limbo haha, hope they will finally move on and won't get lost, otherwise I may need to contact CS).
Nice going! I can't find anything under £37 here so if you have a link handy I'd much appreciate it! 🙏 Hope your customs quandary resolves soon, nothing fun about the unknown when it comes to your goods being delivered 😔

Nice going! I can't find anything under £37 here so if you have a link handy I'd much appreciate it! 🙏 Hope your customs quandary resolves soon, nothing fun about the unknown when it comes to your goods being delivered 😔

If you haven't already, you may like to check the discogs site what prices look like there. There are also different versions of the vinyl, from different years. Unfortunately I can't check what it looks like when buying from the UK.

I'm not sure if this works from the UK, but when you check the German Amazon site amazon.de and try to order from their marketplace you also find a variety of sellers from Switzerland and the US.
Also there might be something on eBay UK? 🇬🇧

Thanks a lot for your good wishes. 🙂 The weird thing is that since over a week it says "customs cleared", so I guess it should move on, but didn't do that yet. I've contacted both DHL and Frankfurt customs, but haven't gotten any response yet.

If you haven't already, you may like to check the discogs site what prices look like there. There are also different versions of the vinyl, from different years. Unfortunately I can't check what it looks like when buying from the UK.

I'm not sure if this works from the UK, but when you check the German Amazon site amazon.de and try to order from their marketplace you also find a variety of sellers from Switzerland and the US.
Also there might be something on eBay UK? 🇬🇧

Thanks a lot for your good wishes. 🙂 The weird thing is that since over a week it says "customs cleared", so I guess it should move on, but didn't do that yet. I've contacted both DHL and Frankfurt customs, but haven't gotten any response yet.
Unfortunately nothing on eBay. Discogs has got one for sale of the UK 1974 release @ VG+ for £30 but then amazon.de has, what I assume to be, someone selling the re-release for ~€21 including shipping. Which is a pretty darn good price.

Not sure which to jump on yet 🤔 will have a think but appreciate the links as that one Discogs release aside, there's little here new or old for under £40 in decent shape.

Nice! I hope they respond to you soon 📨

Back