Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I highly recommend everyone picking it up when it goes up in the Swaptions! It’s a magnificent album! Definitely one of the best albums of the year! I listened to the album just then and was blown away by it! 💎
Absolutely blown away. Super depressing from what I picked up in my first two listens but seriously jaw dropping. Haven’t gotten goosebumps from an album like that in a while. It’s like Nick Drake’s Pink Moon it Pink Moon was made in 2020 😂

Absolutely blown away. Super depressing from what I picked up in my first two listens but seriously jaw dropping. Haven’t gotten goosebumps from an album like that in a while. It’s like Nick Drake’s Pink Moon it Pink Moon was made in 2020 😂
Maybe if Nick Drank was on LSD and singing underwater? :p

BigAss record box arrived , last months Woodstock, Ross, Otis, Stevie, Little Simz, Poor ol Jim Sullivan. Kelsey Walden and Hot Boyz, TLC. Stevie and Garner think I’m finally all caught up . Should be good to go on records for the rest of this quarantine .

Anyone know what this Vinceron place is all about? I get targeted ads CONSTANTLY and just noticed this on Discogs (which isn't even half the listings):

View attachment 47047
Yeah, it’s been discussed a few times on here. It’s a flipper. Some have ordered from em and received what they’d ordered fine but the whole thing feels sketch. Proceed with caution if ya decide to go down that path.

Anyone know what this Vinceron place is all about? I get targeted ads CONSTANTLY and just noticed this on Discogs (which isn't even half the listings):

View attachment 47047
Yeah, it’s been discussed a few times on here. It’s a flipper. Some have ordered from em and received what they’d ordered fine but the whole thing feels sketch. Proceed with caution if ya decide to go down that path.

Yeah, I ordered an exclusive from UO from him awhile back off amazon before I knew his deal. It came fine but he's just a professional flipper. Likely you'll get exactly what you pay for, he's just not the type of person I would want to support.

Yeah, I ordered an exclusive from UO from him awhile back off amazon before I knew his deal. It came fine but he's just a professional flipper. Likely you'll get exactly what you pay for, he's just not the type of person I would want to support.
Oh yeah. I have no interest in buying from them. It just seemed really odd to me!

View attachment 47047
They must have 50+ accounts on VMP. They are always flipping VMP albums and their twitter acct is almost exclusively VMP albums on "backorder". I think they may have gotten booted from ebay? Or one of the major online retailers...don't remember which one. As @TenderLovingKiller® said, buy with caution.

They must have 50+ accounts on VMP. They are always flipping VMP albums and their twitter acct is almost exclusively VMP albums on "backorder". I think they may have gotten booted from ebay? Or one of the major online retailers...don't remember which one. As @TenderLovingKiller® said, buy with caution.
Wonder how many copies of Oliver Nelson they procured bahahahah

Wonder how many copies of Oliver Nelson the procured bahahahah
Too soon ;)

I've seen them have more ROTM type stuff versus store exclusives. Their twitter say they are the biggest vinyl seller in WA state...with VMP you can seemingly have as many accounts as you want with one credit card or one paypal account. So I'm not surprised that someone decided to just buy a bunch of year long memberships and then re-sell them elsewhere. More often than not, they will make money off of resale. They did have Aretha - I Never Loved A Man for $20 with free shipping a little while ago though.

So...

I got a reply from Pauly regarding my Skull Session misfortune.

Here’s the response:

Hey there,
Extremely sorry about that!
Turns out, only 3-4 non members got copies, but I still get the frustration.
Are you still receiving those emails regularly?
Let me know, but again, I am so sorry about all of this!
-Paul “

Crap customer service response, but, I guess I should just expect that from these jokers.

Guess I am going to respond that even if it were only three or four (downgraded from 5 as he told someone earlier, correct?) that those few people were still directly responsible for me not getting the record since it literally sold out while it was in my cart and I was trying to pay for it!

These guys really suck at even trying to look like they give a damn about their customers.

I've been a member in some form for over 5 years. Other than the spreadsheet days, I've experienced all of their nonsense.

People are still buying from them (i.e., anyone on this sub-forum who isn't here just for shitposting) and shouldn't just accept it as the normal cost of doing business and be quiet.

I get it, I never stayed quiet while I was a member nor should anyone else. Just saying after 5 years of nonsense maybe it's better removing yourself from the nonsense.

Back