Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

It's possible that's actually the back side of the jacket, and not an inner sleeve. Though it's kinda impossible to tell.

They went through the effort to show that image, so I'm hoping it's the cover and the red is a slipcase of sorts, whether it's solid or transparent. I like how they state that the cover was selected "by Fiona herself!" They present it like a feature, but it's really a way to say, "Don't fucking blame us."

i mean I love mofi versions of albums I like but their A&R seriously needs shaking up. It seems aimed at my dad and he would love a Cyndi Lauper yet would be all Fiona Who? Also nowt wrong with Cyndi!
I’d be willing to bet that the dad demographic is still the demo that is more willing to pay the MoFi prices, although nowadays regular 1LP prices are approaching that level. If they expanded to more modern albums they would clean up.

They went through the effort to show that image, so I'm hoping it's the cover and the red is a slipcase of sorts, whether it's solid or transparent. I like how they state that the cover was selected "by Fiona herself!" They present it like a feature, but it's really a way to say, "Don't fucking blame us."
Even with that side note of theirs, people are blaming VMP for it and it’s funny to see people say “I’m not paying $40 for that album cover!” as opposed to “I’m not paying $40 for a 1LP pressed at GZ”.

I’d be willing to bet that the dad demographic is still the demo that is more willing to pay the MoFi prices, although nowadays regular 1LP prices are approaching that level. If they expanded to more modern albums they would clean up.

I mean I’m almost in my 40s and am beginning to get disposable income and they’ve not moved near my youth (late 90s/early 00s) yet, never mind contemporary stuff. I’m willing to bet that it’s much more to do with the age in their mastering room and A&R than it is to do with potential consumer base

I mean I’m almost in my 40s and am beginning to get disposable income and they’ve not moved near my youth (late 90s/early 00s) yet, never mind contemporary stuff. I’m willing to bet that it’s much more to do with the age in their mastering room and A&R than it is to do with potential consumer base
Imagine MOFI Radiohead @Joe Mac 🤯

If Music Matters Jazz put this out, I'd have no problem paying that price due to the extreme care they take when putting out an album. VMP is no MMJ, though.

So as excited as I am about this album, and as long as I've been waiting, that's gonna be a pass for me, dawg.

"Released exclusively through the Vinyl Me, Please store, it comes on 180-gram black vinyl, and upon her request, worked closely with Fiona and her team to re-imagine the artwork for this album."

First, who writes this run on shit. Second, they needed to help her re-imagine a red cover with three words from the title on it? Hopefully its more elaborate than that.

Back