Vinyl Me Please Classics

Not sure on classics, but I think the other two tracks are pretty much guessed at this point.

Essentials: John Prine, Strokes, Kid Cudi
Hip-Hop: Killer Mike, Quasimoto & Madlib, Eyedea & Abilities
So main people on the album in the band I guess? Then that rules out Ohio Players.

Looking like there is going to be something people are mad at Storf about clues wise for Classics again. :ROFLMAO:

So people in the band I guess? Then that rules out Ohio Players.

Looking like there is going to be something people are mad at Storf about clues wise for Classics again. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, people in the band would definitely fit for the popular guesses up to this point.

I think it might be this for January, which would be an ....interesting, outside the box pick anyway:

Oooof that would be the worst pick they could possibly do for Tim Buckley ha! I do think it might be some obscure shit or Storf counted wrong or something if it’s not Bland or Billy Preston and that clue does indeed mean solo artist.

I think it's 9th if you count his 2 live albums (which you can if you want to) and the soundtrack to Across 110th Street (which I certainly do count)

The Speakers Corner version that came out last year is AAA mastered by Kevin Gray and in STEREO. Needless to say it sounds excellent!

I just realized that the VMP is MONO. I'm a kinda disappointed. I really like the stereo mix of this album. I assume it will sound as great as it can, but I much prefer a good STEREO mix when possible, especially for headphones. Not sure I would have gone with this if I had realized it was MONO. Seeking out the Speakers Corner would have been more to my likings it seems....

I just realized that the VMP is MONO. I'm a kinda disappointed. I really like the stereo mix of this album. I assume it will sound as great as it can, but I much prefer a good STEREO mix when possible, especially for headphones. Not sure I would have gone with this if I had realized it was MONO. Seeking out the Speakers Corner would have been more to my likings it seems....
Yeah I totally agree. I get that there is a time and a place for mono, but to me it’s like watching a movie in black and white vs. colour. Really cool, on occasion when done right but obviously limiting the experience.

If interested in the Speakers Corner reissue, Acoustic Sounds have a few in stock. It's really faithful to the 1970 ATCO stereo original.

Last edited:
Back