Vinyl Me, Please Book

“I’m finished.” For some reason unbeknownst to me, I have collected all 100 records in the Vinyl Me, Please book.
Did you collect the 100 listed in the first pressing of the book, or did you get the ones from the updated/corrected version of the book? There were something like 31 or 32 different albums in the corrected version.

“I’m finished.” For some reason unbeknownst to me, I have collected all 100 records in the Vinyl Me, Please book.

View attachment 14271

Is there anyone else as sad as me in achieving such a useless endeavor?
That's pretty impressive no matter what..........I should take a look and see how many I have, not a chance in hell I have all 100 though, lol

This is really cool @Mammone38! I actually picked up the book a while back and streamed one album each morning on my way to work (working through the book). Some were difficult to get through, but it was also a fantastic way for me to experience new music. I also have the 1001 albums... book but have not worked through that yet.

Im actually in the process of listening to 1 album per day from The New York Times Essential Library: Jazz: A Critic's Guide to the 100 Most Important Recordings by Ben Ratliff, and funnily enough I just yesterday finished his book on John Coltrane (which was decent).

This is pretty impressive @Mammone38! I haven't been through the book, but I don't think I've even listened to most list of Top 100 anything, let alone hunted down a whole list in physical copies.

Next you should work on Fremer's 100 All-Analog LP Reissues Worth Owning: 100 Recommended All-Analog LP Reissues Worth Owning

I bet a ton of those albums would serve as awesome reference albums for the future. TAS also has a "Super LP" list, but it's much longer.

Back