Vinyl Me, D: A Free Record Club - Year Two Official Thread - 36 Winners - Like The First Post, You're In For 2024 - 90 Free Records Given Away So Far

Charles Mingus: Oh Yeah

(for the track, Hog Callin' Blues)

This would requires a level of convoluted thought, but here goes:

Charles Schultz to Mingus, Pig Pen playing the bass = Hog-Callin' Blues for the win

Also.... YAY ME! (thank you @Yer Ol' Uncle D for being an endless source of joy and positivity)

This is an inventive, top-shelf deduction.

You are so much smarter and creatively thinking than I am. Sadly, that means this is incorrect.

You gotta dumb things down with D.

Also - great record.

I don't see any reason to sit on this one so it's gonna ship more sooner than later. Check our DM thread for tracking.

One final companion clue for the sleutherists...

Because I am clearly a master at this:

Danny Elfman, Charlotte’s Web Soundtrack

(oingo boingo, Danny elfman, pig pen = Charlotte’s Web!)

…. Also, I do not win a trivia games

Final answer!

For once, I'm ahead of schedule and all records have landed and are cracked open.

VMD Mach II Vol 4...

It is amazing. It also for perfectly in the space of: “I really should try that…I remember reading about her” and ones that I’d not gotten around to really listening to —- and it is a delight. Thank you @Yer Ol' Uncle D !!

Hope everyone had a great day, and The Fat Man fulfilled all your needs.

I somehow got the January installment of VMD out very early (first time that's ever happened) so I took that as an omen that this Fat Man should do an extra record for January.

I'll hit 3 folks with a bonus January giveaway on New Years Eve.

If you're not on the wheel and would like to be, just like the first post.

I planned on doing the January bonus LP drawing on New Year's Eve, but deep contemplation has brought me to the conclusion that there's a very good chance I may be highly intoxicated and forget so I've made the responsibly sober executive decision that...

giphy.gif

Here are the 3 VMD bonus winners for January. DM incoming...

20231230_231937.jpg

20231230_232006.jpg

20231230_232057.jpg

Back