Users able to delete their threads?

Joe Mac

A q for our beautiful staff.

In light of the surreal turn of events this evening i just wanted to know. If i set up a thread can I delete it?

One of the things i liked in the old place was that this type of revisionism wasn't allowed, i remember being happy that a member with a USSR attitude to lost arguments wasn't just able to nuke a thread that they created but lost every argument in, they could only delete their own posts (and even then only the post itself, if it had been quoted tought luck!) Personally I would prefer if this was still the case here...

Oh so users can't do this, things actually did get nasty, everyone who commented on the profile post missed that.

Down is the new up...
The general rule of thumb has been to delete threads when requested by the original poster. It doesn’t happen all that often and I’ve never seen anyone take advantage of this (so far).

In light of the surreal turn of events this evening i just wanted to know. If i set up a thread can I delete it?

One of the things i liked in the old place was that this type of revisionism wasn't allowed, i remember being happy that a member with a USSR attitude to lost arguments wasn't just able to nuke a thread that they created but lost every argument in, they could only delete their own posts (and even then only the post itself, if it had been quoted tought luck!) Personally I would prefer if this was still the case here...
What happened? Feel out of the loop

I'm still scratching my head over that post 😕

Back