UK Members

Hiya pals!

With the new Spare Snare album ‘The Brutal’ coming out on Fri 12th May we’re venturing south of the border for a wee tour next week. Would be great to see anyone who can make it along, I’m the “youngster” on bass.

Dates are:

Mon 08/05 North Shields
Tue 09/05 Sheffield
Wed 10/05 Leeds
Thu 11/05 Trowbridge
Fri 12/05 Brighton (as part of the Alt Escape)
Thu 13/05 London (Stoke Newington)

We follow those with a few Scottish shows:

Sat 20/05 Dundee
Fri 26/05 Edinburgh
Sat 24/06 Glasgow

I’ve popped ticket links (where available) into here: linktr.ee/hamicle

Hiya pals!

With the new Spare Snare album ‘The Brutal’ coming out on Fri 12th May we’re venturing south of the border for a wee tour next week. Would be great to see anyone who can make it along, I’m the “youngster” on bass.

Dates are:

Mon 08/05 North Shields
Tue 09/05 Sheffield
Wed 10/05 Leeds
Thu 11/05 Trowbridge
Fri 12/05 Brighton (as part of the Alt Escape)
Thu 13/05 London (Stoke Newington)

We follow those with a few Scottish shows:

Sat 20/05 Dundee
Fri 26/05 Edinburgh
Sat 24/06 Glasgow

I’ve popped ticket links (where available) into here: linktr.ee/hamicle
Planning to be at the Glasgow gig! We’re back for a visit.

Hi guys, cross posting a query here.

I have just had an email to say that I owe £50 in customs fees before they release the parcel to me. I suspect its VMP (as SADDLE CREEK LOGISTICS SVCS is the name given) and I suspect its the Tribe Anthology box set that I ordered.

I've never had to pay customs in my 6-years of membership, so my question is whether this is something that should have been picked up at VMP's end or if I do indeed have to pay it?

Hi guys, cross posting a query here.

I have just had an email to say that I owe £50 in customs fees before they release the parcel to me. I suspect its VMP (as SADDLE CREEK LOGISTICS SVCS is the name given) and I suspect its the Tribe Anthology box set that I ordered.

I've never had to pay customs in my 6-years of membership, so my question is whether this is something that should have been picked up at VMP's end or if I do indeed have to pay it?
I recently resubbed for the 8 free album deal. When I was doing so, I did look into this and it did say that Anthologies were exempt from included customs/duties as they are a single item over the threshold that they can pay duty for in advance. I'll try and find the link a bit later but it was words to that effect.

EDIT: It's here, something about when an order can't be split into packages valued <£135, right at the bottom of the page.

I recently resubbed for the 8 free album deal. When I was doing so, I did look into this and it did say that Anthologies were exempt from included customs/duties as they are a single item over the threshold that they can pay duty for in advance. I'll try and find the link a bit later but it was words to that effect.

EDIT: It's here, something about when an order can't be split into packages valued <£135, right at the bottom of the page.
Looks like in the cases where its over £150 (basically all of the Anthologies) then we are subject to customs fees.

There goes my interest in future Anthologies then. I managed to get the Herbie box through without it but looks like that was an exception to the rule.

Looks like their standard receipt showing the "subtotal" and "shipping" only.

I did a bit of digging and it looks as though we are subject to customs/duties as internationals on the Anthologies due to the value and carrier constraints. My fault for not checking beforehand, I bought the Herbie box a while ago (which was bigger & pricier) and wasn't hit in that instance.

Guess I need to suck it up, take it as a lesson learned, and pay. Fortunately, it was discounted so not as eyewatering as it could have been.

View attachment 175208

I just purchased the Impulse bundle with credits and my invoice is $0 with $0 taxes and $0 shipping. If I had paid with cash I would still have free shipping but also $32 in taxes.

It makes me wonder if it's not better for us non US customers to buy credits and use them for purchases in the store.

I am going to ask this in the Discord and will you guys updated.

I just purchased the Impulse bundle with credits and my invoice is $0 with $0 taxes and $0 shipping. If I had paid with cash I would still have free shipping but also $32 in taxes.

It makes me wonder if it's not better for us non US customers to buy credits and use them for purchases in the store.

that's actually a kinda smart way to do it....even in the US, I get hit with taxes on purchases unless I use store credit. i'd maybe not ask in discord because it might alert them and change it to add tax haha

that's actually a kinda smart way to do it....even in the US, I get hit with taxes on purchases unless I use store credit. i'd maybe not ask in discord because it might alert them and change it to add tax haha

Yeah I changed my mind and won't be asking. I tried to add a gift card and I don't have any added taxes.

When you placed the order does it show how much the taxes are? I've gone through to order the bundle and I'm at the final step to input my payment details and it is showing as $160 (£131).

I had a look at the T&C's again and if the order is under £135 then the taxes are collected at checkout, so im pretty confused. Basically, I want to get 3 out of the 4 but figured I could get the bundle offer to then sell the 1 I dont want to offset the cost a bit. But at the same time I dont want to get hit with customs (as I did with the Tribe anthology).

Any thoughts/ideas?

Heres what their website states.

Orders under €150 (£135):
Good news for our EU customers! We have successfully registered for the Import One Stop Shop (IOSS) which will allow us to collect and pay taxes on all EU orders under €150 (£135) at checkout. This will avoid our EU customers being presented with any unexpected charges on delivery, and will speed up shipments being processed through customs when they reach their destination country.

Orders over €150 (£135):

Due to laws and regulations, VAT will not be collected at checkout, you will be responsible for VAT, duties, and customs upon receipt

When you placed the order does it show how much the taxes are? I've gone through to order the bundle and I'm at the final step to input my payment details and it is showing as $160 (£131).

I had a look at the T&C's again and if the order is under £135 then the taxes are collected at checkout, so im pretty confused. Basically, I want to get 3 out of the 4 but figured I could get the bundle offer to then sell the 1 I dont want to offset the cost a bit. But at the same time I dont want to get hit with customs (as I did with the Tribe anthology).

Any thoughts/ideas?

Heres what their website states.

Orders under €150 (£135):
Good news for our EU customers! We have successfully registered for the Import One Stop Shop (IOSS) which will allow us to collect and pay taxes on all EU orders under €150 (£135) at checkout. This will avoid our EU customers being presented with any unexpected charges on delivery, and will speed up shipments being processed through customs when they reach their destination country.

Orders over €150 (£135):

Due to laws and regulations, VAT will not be collected at checkout, you will be responsible for VAT, duties, and customs upon receipt

I think in the UK we’re ok (in that VMP don’t currently charge us) not being in the EU. But if the order is over £135, if it comes from the Anthology distribution centre we get stung when the charges are applied at customs.

Hopefully they don’t figure this out. If they start adding tax to anything bought from the shop, it really won’t be worth it.

I think in the UK we’re ok (in that VMP don’t currently charge us) not being in the EU. But if the order is over £135, if it comes from the Anthology distribution centre we get stung when the charges are applied at customs.

Hopefully they don’t figure this out. If they start adding tax to anything bought from the shop, it really won’t be worth it.
Oh man, thats me being incredibly tired, stupid, and dreaming of pre-Brexit times.

Thanks for clearing it up.

I put the order in so hopefully all is good. Im actually tempted to go down the @D Jilla route and compare the Pharoah to the OG I have before I sell it on.

Oh man, thats me being incredibly tired, stupid, and dreaming of pre-Brexit times.

Thanks for clearing it up.

I put the order in so hopefully all is good. Im actually tempted to go down the @D Jilla route and compare the Pharoah to the OG I have before I sell it on.

Yeah I can see how much are taxes but I don't know how it works in the UK. Thing is the invoice shows $0 when I buy with credits so you shouldn't have taxes to pay once it reaches the UK customs.

There’s bound to be a catch but Rarewaves eBay store have the Mofi Still Bill up for £33 at the minute. And top cash back are going £2 bonus today so potentially £31.

Oh my god what happened to hmv!?!?!

In Exeter and stuck my head inside. It’s a neon teenage nightmare more than a record store!

Back