Toronto Weird Boys

It was inside Ed's on Bathurst and then it was also on Bloor on the north side just east of Bathurst.
I guess I hadn't noticed because I wasn't actively looking for music stores at the time.

I will say, I absolutely miss the combination of Greg's Ice Cream and Caribbean Queen on that corner. RIP to them both.

Was on Bloor first (where the Scott Pilgrim scene was shot), where the Dollarama is now. Then moved inside Honest Ed's for a bit and had a second location in Kensington for a while.

Was on Bloor first (where the Scott Pilgrim scene was shot), where the Dollarama is now. Then moved inside Honest Ed's for a bit and had a second location in Kensington for a while.
Yeah couldn't remember which order it went in. I thought that scene was in Ed's but I'm sure you're correct it was on Bloor...

Speaking of Kensington, managed to go to Paradise Bound for the first time, and came out with a pretty sweet haul. Definitely the definition of a crate digging haven.
But going back to my original statement of Swifties and vinyl: the place was dead on a Saturday, so we have the run of the place, and the door would open every now and then, some young people would enter and leave about 30 seconds later when they realize it's not THAT kind of record store.

Would not surprise me that someone forgot to renew the domain name. I know their online store stock comes from one location and their Discogs stock from another
The message seems like the domain is active, but the store itself is shuttered. Think they're on Shopify.

EDIT: It's back now, so someone in Oshawa was probably frantically calling and giving credit card details.

Last edited:
Has anyone successfully visited Grasshopper on Dundas?
I've gone twice now when they SAY they're supposed to be open and both times it was shuttered. I'm not sure if it's closed for good, but their socials are also out of date.

Yeah and I also wanna say that I THINK they're paying more for used items now too. I'm almost certain they were more like 35% of cogs median fairly recently. I almost never sell anything but the couple times I did in the past I'm pretty sure they weren't even close to 50% cogs value.
Just a follow up on this as I traded in a dozen records yesterday. They weren't too busy so gave me an exact breakdown of each trade-in. Looks like they are doing 40% of Discogs median.

Back