Threshold for asking for an exchange / return

zomgbear

Out of curiosity, what's everyone's threshold on asking for an exchange or return? Been having some bad luck recently

Minor warp but still plays without issue?
Spine of record has seamsplit - or slightly bent corners?
Repeated Pops in the first 3-4 seconds of a side of record.

I usually ask for a replacement when there are either strong damages on the cover jacket, like seam split / strongly damaged corners or surface sound on songs that lasts longer than a few seconds/or multiple pops which don't go away by cleaning.

Usually for me if I paid less than 20 I just keep it, but anything above that I'm on the fence on.
Particularly one where I imported from the UK - it has light pops maybe like few seconds into the beginning of a side.
The more I listen to it, the more it sticks out to me

Probably depends on what I paid and how important it is to me. A $14 Amazon flier or a Deepdiscount bargain bin grab probably needs an unplayable warp, obvious noise on several tracks, or severe jacket damage to justify the effort. Ultimately my time is worth something and a return does take up my time

If I’m dropping 30 or 40 or more I generally expect either NM/NM on new items (some minor wear I’ll take) or the described condition for used items.

The higher the price goes the more exacting it is.

Back