The World is a Mess but Music is Still Magical: A Mid 2019 Guide To 2018 (or) 50 Releases From Last Year Worth Your Time

DownIsTheNewUp

Hey guys,

It took longer than I wanted- because I had to learn some coding- but my Grantland-inspired, hyperlink rabbit-hole of a blog piece on my 50 favorite albums of last year is finally ready. I wanted to share it with this community of music lovers without blasting too many threads. So I figured it was easier to just create my own. Plus, it has the added benefit of allowing people to comment or add their own lists.

Pop culture musings, strongly-worded politics, a hand crafted drinking game, and the inevitable Spotify playlist can be found within. (Please share liberally with your friends if you enjoy this).

When viewing via mobile your phone needs to be horizontal.

https://www.iamcaseyiedit.com/the-w...18-50-releases-from-last-year-worth-your-time
Music.jpg

Last edited:
BREAKING NEWS: Local man obliterates Pitchfork

This was an amazing read. I definitely added a few albums to my listening list from this. I haven't even heard of a bunch of these, and some of them passed me by. None of my top 20 albums of last year appear on your list, and that's what makes music beautiful: how subjective it is. We all hear the same music, but it hits us all differently.

Your writing is incredible, it's captivating. When I read it, I'm actually reading thoughts, not just a wall of text. It drives the point home, and makes reading it all the more interesting. Find a music journalism company to write for, they could definitely use you.

Bravo, my friend. Can't wait to see one for 2019's albums 👍

That was one of my favorite parts, tbh.

Out of curiosity, was that section complete when you read it or did it cut off? Cause my buddy made me aware last night that my bunk coding job has made that "side tangent" end mid sentence without connecting the dots. I fixed it, but been wondering how long it had been like that.

Out of curiosity, was that section complete when you read it or did it cut off? Cause my buddy made me aware last night that my bunk coding job has made that "side tangent" end mid sentence without connecting the dots. I fixed it, but been wondering how long it had been like that.
I just read it today, so it was fine for me.

Back