The Playlist Thread

sarcasticfairyprincess

I'm surprised we haven't done this yet.

Basically: share playlists. Can be yours or someone else's. Short or long. Themed or not themed. Maybe if we're feeling ambitious, we can make a giant forum playlist. Have at it, y'all.

Here's a playlist (I'm pretty sure I found it on reddit awhile ago) that I've been digging.

I referenced this playlist that I was asked to put together to play after my father's memorial service on 6/5 in a post the other day. They are going to play this while folks eat and visit before we do the procession to his final resting place. Most of these artists came to me pretty easily. Picking the right songs was a little more challenging for a few of them. Yeah, there is quite a bit of dad rock here, and some dad country too. And yes it is a pretty mellow listen. But I couldn't be prouder of the way this came out. He would really have enjoyed this collection of songs.

I usually make all vinyl mixes and post them at Mixcloud but sometimes I get the urge to throw down some stuff that I either don't have the record of or might not even be on vinyl.

Hopped in the DeLorean this morning and revisited my original Digital Wax comp CD. When I got my first CD burner many, many moons ago, I started creating comp CDs that featured the name/phrase Digital Wax. I still incorporate it into my playlist mix titles from time to time. But this is the one that kind of started it all. The songs are very much of their time because I think with this first one I only went with newer songs I liked at the time. Sometimes revisiting some of those older comps is sort of like looking at old photos..a bit cringe inducing, but I think this one holds up quite well. I still enjoy almost all of these songs. This one is so old that the CD-R maxed out at 74 minutes instead of 80. Definitely not my most diverse set of artists for one of my comps. That is something that I got better at over time.

Back