The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project

12/7/23
View attachment 189804
Ozomatli - Street Signs

Saw these guys open for DMB in 98 and also at Summerfest in Milwaukee in 1999 I think. We went to see Ben Harper and Guster. I even purchased their self titled debut album that also featured Jurassic 5’s Cut Chemist. Not familiar with this one at all though.

Saw these guys open for DMB in 98 and also at Summerfest in Milwaukee in 1999 I think. We went to see Ben Harper and Guster. I even purchased their self titled debut album that also featured Jurassic 5’s Cut Chemist. Not familiar with this one at all though.
The first song reminded me quite a bit of DMB actually.

Well Cut Chemist is clearly on this track I am listening to now… Ya Viene El Sol

Last edited:
1st pass through, didn’t hate it. Like Saturday Night and Santiago a lot. The last three tracks are pretty alright, probably wouldn’t listen to it again if it weren’t for the project.

I also saw them on that DMB 98 tour, and with Ben Harper probably in 99 or 00. Then again with DMB at some point, can't remember exactly when.

Last edited:
Man it is something that the same band that made Generation Terrorist (which I think is quite good) also made The Holy Bible which is just fucking remarkable. It’s two different sounds, related but really different.
Have you listened to any of their other stuff? If you move forward to the 2000s it's going to sound very different.

Back