The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project

6/6/23
60f590b053fcc709c07858748106b023dfbccba3

Robbie Williams - Life Through a Lens

šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢

6/6/23
60f590b053fcc709c07858748106b023dfbccba3

Robbie Williams - Life Through a Lens

I'm going to be 100% honest. I don't hate this. I've never actually heard much Robbie Williams besides a few songs here and there so this is the first time I've listened to one of his albums. Listening to the album in a vacuum, there's actually some pretty good catchy songs. Granted, we Americans don't have Britain's favorite past time of hating Robbie Williams. 3/5.

Ugh, just started. I'm pretty sure the genesis of this album was someone saying, "make me a record like that Blur record."

It was pretty much

Boyband member decides he is too cool for boyband. Goes on the lash with oasis at Glastonbury. Falls out with oasis. Hires songwriter for hire to make him one of those britpop albums with extra strings and stuff.

It was pretty much

Boyband member decides he is too cool for boyband. Goes on the lash with oasis at Glastonbury. Falls out with oasis. Hires songwriter for hire to make him one of those britpop albums with extra strings and stuff.
This is what it would sound like if Jamie Tart from season one of Ted Lasso made a record. I'm not sure I can get through this.

This is what it would sound like if Jamie Tart from season one of Ted Lasso made a record. I'm not sure I can get through this.

And you havenā€™t even got to that fucking angels song yet. I swear its omnipresence in late 90s radio is a large part of why I mostly still hate the fucking radio. Boyband level promo budgets have a lot to answer for!

I've never even heard of Take That.

They were enormous with teenage girls in Britain in the early to mid 90s. There was a whole crying thing on the playground when he walked out on them. They had a ā€œmanbandā€ revival in the late 00s making even more money because nostalgic 30 somethings are richer than hysteric teens. They werenā€™t very good either time around.

Back