The N&G Twitter Account

That is very kind of you, I won't chime in on it as I am biased, but again I am flattered, it will be up and running very soon
I knew you wouldn’t suggest it yourself, but yeah, it’s a cool member-forward feature, particularly for the newbies to prove we don’t bite.

Posting the Enoch's Interview Thread is cool / a good idea, but can we move it to the Member's Only area before doing so. There's potentially some sensitive information that's posted there and at least making people jump through the hoop of joining the forum before they can read it would probably be a good thing to do... probably should be done anyway.
@Enoch are you ok with this?

@Enoch are you ok with this?
The interviews were never roadblocked and completely crawlable before, but I suppose this isn’t that and things change. I guess it depends on how closed off you want the community and the intent of the forum/socmed accounts. Just thought it was a cool feature worth promoting.

Just a thought for content, but I think @Enoch ’s interview thread getting an update would be a worthwhile addition to the Twitster feed. It’s a great community showcase.
That, and the "Let's see your collection/what makes your vinyl spin" threads, perhaps? Doesn't have to be fancy, just has to be yours.

(Although some of yours are p damn fancy.)

I have no opinion on making it a member only thread, question though, if it was made so and the link was posted to Twitter what would happen if a non-member clicks on it, would it ask them to login or just be broken, something else

I have no opinion on making it a member only thread, question though, if it was made so and the link was posted to Twitter what would happen if a non-member clicks on it, would it ask them to login or just be broken, something else
You are greeted with a 'You must be logged-in to do that.' message. Then given the option to either log-in or register.

Posting the Enoch's Interview Thread is cool / a good idea, but can we move it to the Member's Only area before doing so. There's potentially some sensitive information that's posted there and at least making people jump through the hoop of joining the forum before they can read it would probably be a good thing to do... probably should be done anyway.

When they were being done on the VMP forum it was a public space that was being advertised by a company. It's a bit different directly linking it, but no that much different.

I don't mind either way though, up to you guys.

Yep, we'll be doing insta too. We have a Facebook account but very much doubt we'll use it.
Until you are able to release an david Hasselhoff Anthology box set . I want a secret facebook group with an ama, then.

My opinion is that it's courteous to ask the interview subject if they're comfortable with their interview being promoted on twitter. I'm not sure why it being public here or elsewhere is relevant? A members only section didn't exist before and now it does. Whatever people want to do is fine with me but again the option should be given to keep it private to the forum members if possible. Again, I just brought it up because posting things on twitter, facebook, reddit, wherever potentially exposes people more than they want to be exposed.

@Enoch can you remove my interview from the thread? I'll just stay out of the conversation then.

This is a good point. If we were to go this route I would need to put it as a disclaimer, but I now do think it should be a member only thread.

I would definitely want to redact/edit some of mine if we started promoting it. And I agree it should be in the members only section.

I would definitely want to redact/edit some of mine if we started promoting it. And I agree it should be in the members only section.
maybe the twitter account could just promote that it exists without a direct link if people really want it mentioned, so it finds the middle ground.

Back