The Good Ol' Grateful Thread

Anyone pick up the recent reissue of Wake of the Flood and wanna comment on sound/pressing quality? I have older "player" copy and considering upgrading to a fresh copy.

Edit: just checked discogs, pressed at MRP.
Listening to it this morning. Nice thick quality jacket. Pressing was flat and maybe a pop or two, no surface noise. It has some good bottom end on side 2. I'd give it a 8/10. When I ordered this I forgot I had preordered the VMP Box set. Looking forward to comparing.

Wake.jpg

Listening to it this morning. Nice thick quality jacket. Pressing was flat and maybe a pop or two, no surface noise. It has some good bottom end on side 2. I'd give it a 8/10. When I ordered this I forgot I had preordered the VMP Box set. Looking forward to comparing.

View attachment 183691
Hey thanks!
I read the Chris Bellman VMP cut is one of the better versions.

RSD Black Friday:

418467257859:400

418467258034:360

418467258077:360

RSD Black Friday:

418467257859:400

418467258034:360

418467258077:360

The Jerry albums look to be RSD first. Very interested in the Grisman, but happy to know it’ll be available later if needed

John Scofield has a new album, "Uncle John's Band"

"This is not a Grateful Dead tribute album, but I like that song and I thought 'when will I get a chance to name an album 'Uncle John's -- that's my name -- Band' ?"

John was feeling it on his solo tour last night.

View attachment 184952
The idea of working “Your Body Is a Wonderland” into “Dark Star” feels very wrong.

Does Mayer still have a following of Millennial soccer moms? Like my sister-in-law who is a giant Swiftie and as such now doesn’t care for the man, but back in the day she was a fan. I guess my question is are there fans that go to Mayer solo shows expecting to hear “Daughter”, “Gravity”, “Neon”, etc… but instead sitting through a 20 minute version “Dark Star”? I don’t much care for Mayer but I find that thought incredibly amusing.

Last edited:
The idea of working “Your Body Is a Wonderland” into “Dark Star” feels very wrong.

Does Mayer still have a following of Millennial soccer moms? Like my sister-in-law who is a giant Swiftie and as such now doesn’t care for the man, but back in the day she was a fan. I guess my question is are their fans that go to Mayer solo shows expecting to hear “Daughter”, “Gravity”, “Neon”, etc… but instead sitting through a 20 minute version “Dark Star”? I don’t much care for Mayer but I find that thought incredibly amusing.
he very much still appeals to his pre-Dead and Co fanbase. If anything, they got into the Dead because of him.

Does Mayer still have a following of Millennial soccer moms? Like my sister-in-law who is a giant Swiftie and as such now doesn’t care for the man, but back in the day she was a fan. I guess my question is are their fans that go to Mayer solo shows expecting to hear “Daughter”, “Gravity”, “Neon”, etc… but instead sitting through a 20 minute version “Dark Star”? I don’t much care for Mayer but I find that thought incredibly amusing.
Having seen this solo tour earlier this year, mostly millennials with their spouses, but I saw a lot of Dead & Co / Dead shirts on folks too. Pretty decent cheers for both.

Looks like it was partially a joke based on the video -

But also Bertha

Having seen this solo tour earlier this year, mostly millennials with their spouses, but I saw a lot of Dead & Co / Dead shirts on folks too. Pretty decent cheers for both.

Looks like it was partially a joke based on the video -

But also Bertha

Interesting. It feels like it would be a bit of balancing act but if you can hit that sweet spot of appealing to both groups you’re gonna sell a ton of tickets.

this is live

this is live
Only 69 left as of this post if anyone was thinking of waiting. I'm sure some were held back for distributors, but they're usually marked higher then.

Back