The Good Ol' Grateful Thread

Haven’t listened yet but I saw people on Reddit post that Phil seemed kinda like a dick on these. Basically calling out everyone for being unprepared for the session.
I mean, being unprepared was kinda their thing!

I haven't gotten to the Unbroken Chain tracks yet, but I do find these (and the Workingman's Dead/American Beauty Angels Share tracks) interesting as they show the Dead actually working out these familiar tracks. You hardly ever get a behind the scenes view of that with them. And Jerry's voice sounds so smooth.

QAdqVSaYqVc7hvmkzQu5mEh_P1D0yaS9TSbMIVSotQCdcE5AptJ0mcngvwYajOLd3fEiiUrxWj7kl8qyvWHwDM0f=s0-d-e1-ft

some warehouse finds i think?
Found a few I needed (Dallas, SF, 74 and 77) and missed out on a few others I had wanted. I seem to have a more difficult time pulling the trigger on the 1990s gigs but would like to hear them.

Found a few I needed (Dallas, SF, 74 and 77) and missed out on a few others I had wanted. I seem to have a more difficult time pulling the trigger on the 1990s gigs but would like to hear them.
Cc22sla15wmg or BDAY15DEAD will take 15% off btw

Posted that I was listening to this album (Watkins Family Hour) over on the What's Spinning thread. Got me thinking that I don't know that this cover of Brokedown Palace has ever been posted here but its an excellent version, got me through my fathers passing a few years ago.

JYLP26.jpg

JYLP26.jpg

Just fro reading the description…these are just random songs selected from a session/live performance?

From todays Dead.Net newsletter, not sure if this is a completely new feature or not but it's really cool. This lets you isolate the vocals / instruments for all the tracks on Wake of the Flood as well as a couple of tracks from Venata.

Found the very first live Grateful Dead CD I acquired doing blanks in the mail trading. Gonna put it on.

View attachment 183636

Edit: just looked it up, this show became Dave's Picks Vol 17.

Love this rendition of He's Gone on this one.
God I used to be really into trading shows. Miss those bubble wrapped packages arriving with live goodies.

Back