The Good Ol' Grateful Thread

Is it different than the GD Studio Album box set which were Plangent? Can’t remember who mastered/cut those.
For the 2018 Rhino pressing, According to the hype:

Newly Remastered from the
Original Analog Master Tapes
by Grammy®-Winning Engineer
David Glasser

I guess they coulda used the Pangent process I suppose but they didn’t advertise it as such.

Edit: clearly I was late to the party in replying.

For the 2018 Rhino pressing, According to the hype:

Newly Remastered from the
Original Analog Master Tapes
by Grammy®-Winning Engineer
David Glasser

I guess they coulda used the Pangent process I suppose but they didn’t advertise it as such.

Edit: clearly I was late to the party in replying.
They’ve used Plangent going back many years now, I think with pretty much every release. They’ve for sure done every studio album, and technically all were remastered from the tapes using the process.

Whatever it is, I’m sure it’ll be great. All of their studio remasters in the last 10+ years have been stellar.

I doubt this will be noticeably better than the 2018 Rhino pressing that I currently own (at least this is what I am telling myself this morning). I will keep my ear to the ground and see what the consensus is once it drops but at this point I think I am probably good on this one unless MoFi wants to do a 2x45 AAA reissue.
And that takes us back to Workingman‘s Dead. Listening to that 2LP 45 RPM MoFi right now and it’s pretty sweet. So yeah, that would be worth trading up to from the OG of Flood I have.

And that takes us back to Workingman‘s Dead. Listening to that 2LP 45 RPM MoFi right now and it’s pretty sweet. So yeah, that would be worth trading up to from the OG of Flood I have.
I listened to the RTI Rhino repress this morning of WD. Think I paid $14 for it from Amazon back in 2018.

I want the MoFi, but trying to avoid the temptation/FOMO. The 33 Rhino sounds pretty farking good.

Last edited:
I listened to the RTI Rhino repress this morning of WD. Think I paid $14 for it from Amazon back in 2016.

I want the MoFi, but trying to avoid the temptation/FOMO. The 33 Rhino sounds pretty farking good.
I have both, the MoFi is better but The Rhino Repress just one step down from that. I normally like to PIF duplicates but I like the Rhinos (of both WD and AB) so much that I have kept them on my shelf.

I have both, the MoFi is better but The Rhino Repress just one step down from that. I normally like to PIF duplicates but I like the Rhinos (of both WD and AB) so much that I have kept them on my shelf.
That's me but with the American Beauty album. Kept the Rhino 33 for ease of listening (less flips) and the MoFi 45 for when I wanna just sit and listen to music undistracted and really get into the sound.

Broke down and ordered the Workingman's Dead MoFi. I have the Rhino 33rpm, which sounds great, but all these other Dead MoFi 2xLP pressings just sound so good. I couldn't resist.

I was in the same boat a while back and did the same thing and don’t regret it at all.
Same here. Couldn't resist.

Back