The Good Ol' Grateful Thread

I doubt this will be noticeably better than the 2018 Rhino pressing that I currently own (at least this is what I am telling myself this morning). I will keep my ear to the ground and see what the consensus is once it drops but at this point I think I am probably good on this one unless MoFi wants to do a 2x45 AAA reissue.

I doubt this will be noticeably better than the 2018 Rhino pressing that I currently own (at least this is what I am telling myself this morning). I will keep my ear to the ground and see what the consensus is once it drops but at this point I think I am probably good on this one unless MoFi wants to do a 2x45 AAA reissue.
i'm debating getting this one (think those 2018s are scarce/expensive now!) but i really don't listen to this album a ton and i have an early pressing of it.

Is it different than the GD Studio Album box set which were Plangent? Can’t remember who mastered/cut those.

Is it different than the GD Studio Album box set which were Plangent? Can’t remember who mastered/cut those.
not seeing pressing specs/deadwax in the studio box...this says its a 50th anniversary remaster so it might be different...

All pressings of WAKE OF THE FLOOD (50TH ANNIVERSARY REMASTER) feature Plangent Processes tape restoration and speed correction and are newly mastered by GRAMMY® Award-winning engineer, David Glasser

not seeing pressing specs/deadwax in the studio box...this says its a 50th anniversary remaster so it might be different...

All pressings of WAKE OF THE FLOOD (50TH ANNIVERSARY REMASTER) feature Plangent Processes tape restoration and speed correction and are newly mastered by GRAMMY® Award-winning engineer, David Glasser
I’d be shocked if they re-did it and didn’t use the plates from 2017. Just looked it up and the hype sticker on the box set said “Remastered by Glasser” and “Produced by Lemiuex,” done Plangent and cut by CB. Would seem redundant to do it all again with the same crew just 6 years later.

I’d be shocked if they re-did it and didn’t use the plates from 2017. Just looked it up and the hype sticker on the box set said “Remastered by Glasser” and “Produced by Lemiuex,” done Plangent and cut by CB. Would seem redundant to do it all again with the same crew just 6 years later.
i agree. i just hate the verbiage then.... "newly mastered" and "50th anniversary remaster"

Back