The Good Ol' Grateful Thread

@Djxfactor511 how do you like your Time Machine? Been mulling over getting one for a while.
Love it. It's the perfect addition to my home office if I have a busy, heads down kind of day. No getting up the flip records. I can just focus on my work tasks.

UI is super intuitive and does everything that I want it to do.

Love it. It's the perfect addition to my home office if I have a busy, heads down kind of day. No getting up the flip records. I can just focus on my work tasks.

UI is super intuitive and does everything that I want it to do.
Exactly what I wanted to hear, was thinking about it for my office. I admittedly carry a Walkman CD player and a case of Dead CDs because Relisten always crashes on my phone/drains the battery way too fast. But the TM is very intriguing.

Thanks for the input!

Exactly what I wanted to hear, was thinking about it for my office. I admittedly carry a Walkman CD player and a case of Dead CDs because Relisten always crashes on my phone/drains the battery way too fast. But the TM is very intriguing.

Thanks for the input!
Yeah I've got my second stereo and turntable setup in my office and the TM plugged right into it seamlessly. It's killer. Way better than a Walkman!! 😄

Listening to the first show from the upcoming MSG box set and it smokes. I definitely dig 80s Dead more than most of my friends, but I think this show is well deserving of a release.

I’m also very curious about the time machine but not sure I totally get what it does. You input the date and then it plays high grade streams from the archives on it?

Listening to the first show from the upcoming MSG box set and it smokes. I definitely dig 80s Dead more than most of my friends, but I think this show is well deserving of a release.

I’m also very curious about the time machine but not sure I totally get what it does. You input the date and then it plays high grade streams from the archives on it?
That's how I understand it: it connect to archive through WiFi and plays hi grade streams from that date. I have seen that some expect it to be an "on the go" device but you do need a wifi connection.

The biggest draw for me is the idea of "today in Dead history." Every day driving to work I listen to Dave Lemiuex's TDIGDH on Sirius XM and I love it. Was thinking it would be cool to be able to do that at my office or at home. I also despise the Relisten app and having to play stuff through my phone/computer on archive.

Correct. 3 knobs for year, month, and day. Streams the archive audio for that date's show.

I love picking a year and playing today's show from that year

Awesome, sounds very cool. It seems like it also has a lot of Phish shows to access (or is that a separate time machine?). Last question, what input does it plug into in your receiver? I’d love to get it but not sure if you need a newer receiver with Bluetooth or something to play it

Awesome, sounds very cool. It seems like it also has a lot of Phish shows to access (or is that a separate time machine?). Last question, what input does it plug into in your receiver? I’d love to get it but not sure if you need a newer receiver with Bluetooth or something to play it
Yeah there's access to other bands, but I haven't tried it yet so can't speak for that functionality.

I just bought these to integrate it into my system

Rankie 3.5mm to 2-Male RCA Adapter Audio Stereo Cable, 6 Feet https://a.co/d/0R4imv5

So I've actually sold a couple of my live sets recently that I rarely got around to spinning. Keeping the ones I love and being ok with moving on from the ones I'm fine streaming. Might end up going the Time Machine route soon too. Really like that idea.
Not this lunacy about selling live sets, though.

Not this lunacy about selling live sets, though.
Only two. I never reach for Shrine Exposition Hall, Los Angeles, CA 11/10/1967 when I want to spin a show. I played it twice and while it had moments I liked, I could leave it. And the Paris RSD was a great set, but I think I'm good with the compilation of that tour.

Caught the Dead and Co. tour closer last night at Citi. Really fun! Bobby’s voice was shot but it doesn’t really bother me that much. Was fixated on John and Jeff all night - their chemistry is so fun to watch. Was glad to see Billy back, too.

Probably one of the last times I’ll see them. Haven’t gone since 2018 and I kinda get the feeling they’re going to be winding down a bit, or at least the remaining three original members. But man they delivered! Set list did not disappoint!!Screen-Shot-2022-07-17-at-8.36.19-AM.png

Last edited:
Back