The Good Ol' Grateful Thread

Anyone see the VMP email about the Story of the Dead round 2 being released? I assume this is just the leftovers
I think they only pressed a small part of the total number they said it would be, so my guess is they're just pressing another batch. Probably still not all of them.

Last edited:
Anyone see the VMP email about the Story of the Dead round 2 being released? I assume this is just the leftovers
I didn't catch it until someone posted it in the VMP thread, but this round looks like it's getting pressed at the new plant. Very tempting to me knowing that, but it's gonna be priced even stupider than it was before I'd bet.

negative, 2nd pressing, not sure if it's from the new plant or from GZ. If it's from the new plant, it'll be a preorder as the new plant is not (AFAIK) up and running. (and even if it is up and running, they won't have stuff in stock ready to mail)

Last edited:
Any of y'all still looking for this. Plaidroom still has em.

Any of y'all still looking for this. Plaidroom still has em.

Worth every penny. I've already spun it twice through and it's one of the best.

I'd held off for a while on getting the 50th anniversary of Garcia, because I already have two pressings of it, but decided to get a copy during SOV's summer sale. This is significantly better than my other copies. Gorgeous pressing. Very worth grabbing if you can find it on sale.

View attachment 174335
I have a weird experience with this album. The KG is great, significantly better than my US, but I found a German 70s pressing that is crazy good (especially the bass) and I wind up playing more (I also have a German Europe 72 pressing that I love more than the early US)

But, glad they’ve done so well with the anniversary reissues across the board in the Dead world. Getting KG and CB for most was a great move.

I'd held off for a while on getting the 50th anniversary of Garcia, because I already have two pressings of it, but decided to get a copy during SOV's summer sale. This is significantly better than my other copies. Gorgeous pressing. Very worth grabbing if you can find it on sale.

View attachment 174335
Tell me more about your multiple other copies. 😉 😉This album is missing from my Garcia collection.

Today is my final Dead & Company show. No longer can make 6/13 in Cincy.

Lots of feelings. Another chapter almost closed. Going to enjoy some grilled cheese (w/ mf bacon in every bite) and some tasty brews. Gotta soak it all in cause I don't think I'll see anything close to it ever again.

Today is my final Dead & Company show. No longer can make 6/13 in Cincy.

Lots of feelings. Another chapter almost closed. Going to enjoy some grilled cheese (w/ mf bacon in every bite) and some tasty brews. Gotta soak it all in cause I don't think I'll see anything close to it ever again.
Yeah, these scene is what I’ll miss most. Impossible to replicate the feeling of the Dead lot before a show!!

Back